shmooshy

scared ... surgery in one week

3 posts in this topic

it's been a rough several months as i am going through a breakup with husband.  but I do not want to postpone what I have started.

Gastric bypass was the first surgery in 2009 or 2010? followed by substantial weight loss.  Then came a belt lipectomy in December 2015.  This surgery was really scary as it actually cut my skin at stomach and back in a circle all the way around my body - but it changed my whole body and life.  I finally liked myself in and out of clothes for the first time ever! 

Encouraged by these successes, I wanted to fix the final bit, the breasts.   Breast reduction and lift was done in July 2016 and I am very happy with the breasts.  That should have been the end of surgery for me but the breast reduction produced 'dog ears.'  So I asked surgeon to remove that extra underarm skin which is sticking out and while we were talking I asked about inner thighs.... the only other part of my body that bothers me.  So next Monday, Feb 13, I go for 'dog ears' and inner thigh lift all in one surgery.    Doctor will do the groin incision so scar is hidden (hopefully), not the incision that goes all the way down leg. 

I am so scared and feel silly since I have already done so much.  I suspect it's a bit my depression resulting from pain of breakup.  I can of course also point to the fact that I have almost no support from friends or family right now.  Breakups create lots of upheaval.  Then my lifestyle with my job which had me travelling lots in past 10 years did not give me much time to create deep friendships on which I could now count on.  Believe me, this is going to change.  but for next week, it is what it is.  just me.

i am scared to be doing this alone.  scared of the surgery itself, though at least i know exactly what to expect going in.  i am scared of the pain and recovery.  i am scared to die in surgery. 

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

I'm sorry for all you're going through. Wishing you a successful surgery and quick recovery!

shmooshy likes this

thanks for your words.  it helps

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this