Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abibliophobe

Insurance approval

4 posts in this topic

I had my last weight management on January 9th. The patient care coordinator said she was going to send the information in that Friday or Saturday.  She said it would take 7-10 days.  Today marks ten days and I haven't heard anything.  I called the patient care coordinator to get an update and am waiting to hear back from her.  How long does it usually take to get approval? 

When my surgeons office submitted everything to my insurance for approval it took almost 3 weeks before I heard anything back and was able to get my surgery date. I know they typically say 7-10 business days but it could potentially take a little longer than that. in my opinion insurance companies are slow. maybe one other option you could try calling the member services for your insurance company and see if you can get an update from them directly.

I have actually been scheduled for surgery so I'm assuming they got approval.  I was called on Monday and am scheduled for the 10th

I was told the more you call in, and bother them... the faster they work. I called in everyday Mon-Fri 3 times a day, and finally they put me on fast track. I have BCBS of Texas and they move sooooo slow...!!!!! The waiting time is the hardest. 

They needed more info the first time, I guess my Code was not sent in right by the doctor... that took ( 12 days) 

So when the doc sent it in, I asked her to put urgent on it so that way they have 72 Hour to complete it. 

Sure enough they waited till the last day of the 72 hours to complete it, but it was done and approved!!!!!!! I am now having surgery in a week and very nervous, and on my liquid diet... that's even harder than waiting for insurance to get approved.