Cheesehead

4 years out..

17 posts in this topic

On this date 4 years ago I was terrified.  I had no clue what this journey would bring or even if I would survive surgery.  I wasn't given much to expect just basically a list of foods for each stage..so into this journey I stepped.  I took each day one day at a time.  I never really gave much thought to where my weight would take me; I bought an xl for the next winter.  Never did get to wear it;). I am now in mostly medium shirts though the light gray one is an xs and size 2 or 4 jeans.  The jeans I have on in these pictures are 26 waist.  

I have ditched 18 of my medications.  I do not exercise due to bad ankles but I do get 10,000 steps in as I'm on my feet all day at work.  I can play with my grandchildren (go sledding or swing or slide; things I was unable to do with my own children). I've overcome my fear of water and gotten scuba certified.  I do not tolerate alcohol or fried foods.  I've had no complications and I've learned to listen to my belly and not my head.  If my stomach says enough, I stop.  My eyes are still bigger than my belly but it's okay to leave food on my plate.  I no longer belong to the clean plate club.  

This has been the best thing I've ever done for myself.  I wish everyone much success.. 

Lois

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

JulieW, Trish1967, LeeC and 17 others like this

Wow Lois! You have done just fantastic! So happy for you. 

Wow. Just wow. You are an inspiration and a friend. Thank you so much for sharing your photos. :)

Amazing Lois!! Just amazing.

congrats doesn't seem like enough.

Res Ipsa likes this

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing your victories with us. Inspiring!

Res Ipsa likes this

Fantastic!  It is so inspiring to me (and others, I'm sure) to see continued success after several years.  That lets us know there is hope, which is a very powerful message.  Thank you so much for sharing!

Cheesehead and Res Ipsa like this

Thank you for sharing your photos!  So encouraging! Congratulations on your continued success!

Res Ipsa and Cheesehead like this

Beautiful Lois. Look how you just glow! It's really like looking at two different people. 

Res Ipsa and Cheesehead like this

Happy 4th surgiversary to you Lois and congratulations on maintaining your weight loss - you are looking fantastic!

So nice.  You look great! Thank you for posting your photos. You have always been so supportive to so many of us here at TT.  Thank you! Great job on your long-term success.  :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!! You must run into people who knew you before and they don't recognize you. You look like a whole new person! Beautiful! Just beautiful!

I can't even tell you how helpful it is for those of us in the thick of it to read these updates from veterans. Thanks so much, and many congratulations on all your success!

Clickin and Cheesehead like this

Thank you everyone! 

20 hours ago, bellamoma said:

WOW!!!!! You must run into people who knew you before and they don't recognize you. You look like a whole new person! Beautiful! Just beautiful!

Yes, when I greet someone and it's been a while I simply say "remember me; I'm Lois".  Earlier out I ran into a neighbor (there's only 8 houses where I live-we all know each other)- I talked to him a bit then he says "you look familiar, I should know you", lol!

5 hours ago, nimiety said:

I can't even tell you how helpful it is for those of us in the thick of it to read these updates from veterans. Thanks so much, and many congratulations on all your success!

I don't feel like a veteran-but thanks!  Just follow the rules and don't get too far off track.. 

Res Ipsa, nimiety and bellamoma like this

Well, from my seven-months-out perspective, four years sounds like someone I've got stuff to learn from. ;)

Cheesehead likes this

On 2/17/2017 at 0:27 AM, nimiety said:

Well, from my seven-months-out perspective, four years sounds like someone I've got stuff to learn from. ;)

You have lost well over half your weight!  Only 50 pounds to goal!  You've got this!  Think of shorts season; it's coming!

nimiety likes this

9 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

You have lost well over half your weight!  Only 50 pounds to goal!  You've got this!  Think of shorts season; it's coming!

Aw, thanks, I appreciate the encouragement. I'm in the phase where it starts to feel like an endurance activity even though of course it's all still moving quite quickly in the scheme of things, so encouragement is much appreciated right now!

Cheesehead likes this

I'm not surprised by your story! You look amazing! So happy for you!