nikkilw

Just got my surgery date!!!

I am officially having surgery next Wednesday, the 25th!! I'm SO excited and anxious. It's starting to really feel real, and I'm so thankful to have the opportunity. I have my pre-op stuff tomorrow, then liquid diet starting Monday. Any suggestions??

Great news on your surgery date. I cannot wait to welcome you to the losers bench. :)

My best suggestions (both now and after surgery) are simple and yet very effective - follow the diet plan from your surgeon, take your vitamins and mineral, drink lots and lots of no (or very low) calorie drinks, no smoking, be as active as possible (I like long walks, other people go to the gym), and get ready for your whole life to change. 

Right now a good initial step would be to get all unhealthy food out of your house - give it away or throw it away now - ice cream, chips, sweets, cookies, pizza, French fries, etc. These foods have no place in your diet if you are going to be successful  

Finally, this guide from one of the best hospitals in Boston may be helpful to you:

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

Just a week to go Nikki - that's great news!

15 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Great news on your surgery date. I cannot wait to welcome you to the losers bench. :)

My best suggestions (both now and after surgery) are simple and yet very effective - follow the diet plan from your surgeon, take your vitamins and mineral, drink lots and lots of no (or very low) calorie drinks, no smoking, be as active as possible (I like long walks, other people go to the gym), and get ready for your whole life to change. 

Right now a good initial step would be to get all unhealthy food out of your house - give it away or throw it away now - ice cream, chips, sweets, cookies, pizza, French fries, etc. These foods have no place in your diet if you are going to be successful  

Finally, this guide from one of the best hospitals in Boston may be helpful to you:

https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/~/media/Brochures/TuftsMC/Patient Care Services/Departments and Services/Weight and Wellness Center/GBP Diet Manual12611.ashx

Thanks!! I can't wait either! :D

I started my pre-op liver shrinking diet yesterday, continuing that until surgery. Quit smoking months ago, which was somehow easier to give up than the Diet Coke...but I've finally done that, too. lol My sister and I love playing Just Dance - that's been most of my activity through this, but I'm whooped by the end of it! I'll probably just take walks after surgery, until I'm healed enough to play again.

Thank you so much for that link!! It gave me some great ideas that I'm excited to try! The protein pudding sounds promising.

15 hours ago, cinwa said:

Just a week to go Nikki - that's great news!

Isn't it?? I had no idea it would be so quick, I figured I'd have to wait at least a month from the time they called me. I couldn't believe it when they said next week. I'd been getting nervous about all the Obamacare/ACA stuff going on - I kind of got the feeling they were trying to push us through, just in case.