teacupnosaucer

Afraid to Die

29 posts in this topic

On 2017-01-29 at 4:30 PM, bellamoma said:

I was totally afraid of dying on the table.  I have younger children and a husband I adore. I also had a relatively low BMI. People would ask me if I "really needed" the surgery. All of these things can get you to thinking and amp up the anxiety.  I'm really glad I pushed through and did it. I hope you are too. 

Bella we seem like we're twins! I have two young kids as well and it sounds like our starting BMIs are very similar... and I'm getting the sleeve too! I hope I'm half as successful as you!

bellamoma likes this

You absolutely will be. Do your homework. Do the head work to figure out why you got to your max weight, and how not to turn to food in unhealthy ways. Follow your surgeon's plan to the letter. You may slip up here and there- shake it off and keep going. I'm rooting for you, we all are! You can do it!!!!

teacupnosaucer likes this

On 2017-02-20 at 8:02 AM, bellamoma said:

You absolutely will be. Do your homework. Do the head work to figure out why you got to your max weight, and how not to turn to food in unhealthy ways. Follow your surgeon's plan to the letter. You may slip up here and there- shake it off and keep going. I'm rooting for you, we all are! You can do it!!!!

Thank you so much. I have worked sooooo hard over the last couple years changing many of the terrible unhealthy habits that got me to my highest weight. (Eating all my meals in front of screens, never meal planning so eating out 6-8 times a week, drinking multiple cans of pop a day, having no consistent or enjoyable exercise routine... it sounds like such a miserable existence when you read it written out like that LOL!) Already my quality of life is so much better just from that! Can't wait to see how successful I am once I have the surgery to help all those new healthy habits along! I'm pumped!

Res Ipsa and bellamoma like this

7 hours ago, teacupnosaucer said:

Can't wait to see how successful I am once I have the surgery to help all those new healthy habits along! I'm pumped!

If you follow your surgeon's diet plan, you will become thin, healthy and more alive than ever before. It truly is wonderful.