That Guy

Pre-packaged pureed baby foods?

5 days post-op now and looking forward to phase two where I came move onto mushy food meals. Nutritionist has already explained I'm to eat no more than 4oz per meal, so have any of you tried prepackaged baby food like the one pictured here? They all seem to be about 4 oz. some are organic, others are not. Are there any pro's and cons?
Thanks

20170111_112355.jpg

While I suppose that you could eat baby food, I personally like to eat "real food."  So if you are at the purée stage then eat food that is naturally high in lean protein and puréed - such as Greek yoghurt (without food chunks - try Chobani vanilla flavor), jello no sugar added pudding made with your own skim milk (the chocolate fudge flavor is quite good), chili con carne that has been puréed, really really well chewed sliced turkey breast from the deli, etc. 

Although I can understand the convenience, with 60 cals, 13g carbs, 8g sugars and 2g protein, I would not bother.

A scrambled/poached egg with a sprinkling of cheese, Greek yogurt (as Res Ipsa mentions), mashed canned beans with some marinara sauce and some grated cheese are worth trying.

Eggface has some good ideas for the pureed stage (and beyond):   Pureed Foods for Post Weight Loss Surgery

Cottage cheese.  I liked it heated with a little marinara sauce.  I ate and still eat quite a bit of Greek yogurt.  I like dannon light and fit.  Refried beans with a little melted cheese and taco sauce.  If you want convenience; Wendy's chili puréed.