scarlet-amelia

Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs... OMG!!

First let me say.. I'm not fond of Deviled Eggs. However, I'm trying to work in some high protein snacks into my diet. These are unbelievably good!

Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs

12 hard boiled eggs

1/2 cup mayo (I used miracle whip because it added a little tang.. but these would be good with Helmann's as well)

4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled into tiny bits (reserve the tiniest bit of bacon fat)

2 Tablespoons fine shredded cheddar

1 Tablespoon mustard.. (I used a brown spicy one)

Directions:

Make the hard boiled eggs.. cool, peel, cut in half, and scoop out yellows

Place yellows in small bowl. add other ingredients, including a tiny bit of your bacon fat to add flavor. and smash with a fork until well mixed. Spoon mixture into egg halves. chill. 

I also sprinkled the with a good quality hungarian paprika, (I just think it looks pretty)

I love deviled eggs. These sound delicious!  Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, scarlet-amelia said:

First let me say.. I'm not fond of Deviled Eggs. However, I'm trying to work in some high protein snacks into my diet. These are unbelievably good!

Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs

12 hard boiled eggs

1/2 cup mayo (I used miracle whip because it added a little tang.. but these would be good with Helmann's as well)

4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled into tiny bits (reserve the tiniest bit of bacon fat)

2 Tablespoons fine shredded cheddar

1 Tablespoon mustard.. (I used a brown spicy one)

Directions:

Make the hard boiled eggs.. cool, peel, cut in half, and scoop out yellows

Place yellows in small bowl. add other ingredients, including a tiny bit of your bacon fat to add flavor. and smash with a fork until well mixed. Spoon mixture into egg halves. chill. 

I also sprinkled the with a good quality hungarian paprika, (I just think it looks pretty)

You haven't been around for awhile...how have you been doing? 

I love deviled eggs and these sound good too! What I love even more is buying hard boiled eggs at the grocery store that have already been hard boiled and peeled. Never going back to doing that again! 

15 hours ago, JulieW said:

You haven't been around for awhile...how have you been doing? 

Hi Julie!

I've been doing fairly good. My weight loss stalled at about 80% of my excess weight. I want to lose that last 20%, so I've been coming on more often to get tips, and inspiration... otherwise very good.. and loving my new life! 

How about you?  You really rocked your weight loss!  You and I had surgery at the same time, and  you've done MUCH better. Please share any tips... 

43 minutes ago, scarlet-amelia said:

Hi Julie!

I've been doing fairly good. My weight loss stalled at about 80% of my excess weight. I want to lose that last 20%, so I've been coming on more often to get tips, and inspiration... otherwise very good.. and loving my new life! 

How about you?  You really rocked your weight loss!  You and I had surgery at the same time, and  you've done MUCH better. Please share any tips... 

So happy for your success this far and that you're loving life, that's what it's all about! 

Im also very happy, almost giddy at times. I feel as though I'm finally the person that I always felt I was but that no one could see. And even though I have some sagging and such-I don't really care! I've thought about plastics but at this point I'm just not there...except for a face lift. That is definitely in my future! 

As far as the weight loss, I vowed to stay on plan until all the weight was gone. My plan allows for more carby foods than some other plans so I do eat bread/crackers but I don't eat pasta, rice, fried foods, fast foods, boxed-prepared-frozen foods.  I eat full fat, mostly organic whole foods. I eat approximately every two hours so I never feel deprived. I don't diet or count calories. It plays with my head and I feel like I'm a failure. Last fall I did the 5 DPT to lose a couple pounds before vacation. And although I lost the pounds, it wasn't for me. It put me back in the  "diet, deprive myself, eat less" mode which isn't healthy for me both mentally and physically. So I'd say get back to the basics, snack on healthy choices and you'll be to goal in no time! I bet you could do it by your 2 year surgiversary! 

13 minutes ago, JulieW said:

So I'd say get back to the basics, snack on healthy choices and you'll be to goal in no time! I bet you could do it by your 2 year surgiversary! 

That would be a lot of weight in a short time... doubt I could do that. but, maybe 5 pounds by then, if I can restart my loss and lose a pound a week... 

I really am encouraged that you eat eery 2 hours. I always feel guilty about eating every 2 hours myself. My doctor's office prefers 3 meals a day, plus a snack if you need it. But, I can eat only such a tiny amount (about 1/2 cup of food if even that much) per sitting, so, every 2 hours, I'm hungry. He also recommends eating carbs, which I have been doing. So, I'm going to cut way back on those, and stick to protein, veggies, nuts, fruit, dairy.. etc. but, I'm not going to feel guilty about eating every 2 hours.. :)

1 minute ago, scarlet-amelia said:

That would be a lot of weight in a short time... doubt I could do that. but, maybe 5 pounds by then, if I can restart my loss and lose a pound a week... 

I really am encouraged that you eat eery 2 hours. I always feel guilty about eating every 2 hours myself. My doctor's office prefers 3 meals a day, plus a snack if you need it. But, I can eat only such a tiny amount (about 1/2 cup of food if even that much) per sitting, so, every 2 hours, I'm hungry. He also recommends eating carbs, which I have been doing. So, I'm going to cut way back on those, and stick to protein, veggies, nuts, fruit, dairy.. etc. but, I'm not going to feel guilty about eating every 2 hours.. :)

I found very early on to tailor my food program to fit me, just me! I was also told 3 meals a day and if I HAVE to, one snack. Ha~no way that would ever have worked for me. Way to constricting and diet-like. Like you, I cannot consume more than 1/2 c/2 oz of food so I need to eat more often. It sounds like you will find the perfect solution on what will work for you, not only for your weight loss but for the rest of your life. Best of luck and also stick around! I find it's much easier to stay on plan and continue with the right mindset when I'm active on the the TT forum. 

Any idea what the nutrition stats are on these?