Zen_Steph

Time for a check-in, I suppose

63 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Raeme said:

I seriously love everything about this post!!

:D

Today I found out I'll be getting a fat Federal Refund with our taxes. Score?

Means money down to secure our lot for the new house. Woo!

Clickin and Raeme like this

Here is a link to a preview for our clinic's fashion show tonight (I hope that's okay to do, admins....if not, I apologize). This is from last year's show. 

Holy crap, I got nervous and emotional watching this thing. I'm going to be up there tonight...

Raeme and Res Ipsa like this

3 minutes ago, Zen_Steph said:

Holy crap, I got nervous and emotional watching this thing. I'm going to be up there tonight...

And you'll do great!! :)

Fashion show was a good time. All of us were nervous about it, but by the end of the first clothing set, we were all having a great time. It was fun to participate in and I'm looking forward to doing it in the future.

Here are two photos I had handy. Husband got blurry photos on our camera, but got video of when I was up there. I'll try to get stills off of that when I can.

16195188_10158080822580696_7711210411099998221_n.jpg

These photos are huge. Sorry. :(

16195893_10158080822595696_6024018800993617860_n.jpg16422566_1326720080747655_5414963856350254633_o.jpg

Edited by Zen_Steph
Added a photo and resized photos
Clickin, Cheesehead and Raeme like this

6 minutes ago, Zen_Steph said:

Fashion show was a good time. All of us were nervous about it, but by the end of the first clothing set, we were all having a great time. It was fun to participate in and I'm looking forward to doing it in the future.

Here are two photos I had handy. Husband got blurry photos on our camera, but got video of when I was up there. I'll try to get stills off of that when I can.

16195893_10158080822595696_6024018800993617860_n.jpg16422566_1326720080747655_5414963856350254633_o.jpg

Wow.  I find it very very hard to believe that you ever were 272 pounds.  You look great and clearly were having a lot of fun.

Raeme likes this

5 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

Wow.  I find it very very hard to believe that you ever were 272 pounds.  You look great and clearly were having a lot of fun.

It was mind blowing. When we were out there, they had up photos of us pre surgery. They were shocking to see up on the big screen. I don't recognize the old me at all.

Beautiful! Although you are hiding in that group pic, I can spy your gorgeous shapely legs in there... 

I was one of the taller ones, so I stood in the back. Wasn't intentional, promise. :)

Clickin likes this

5 hours ago, Zen_Steph said:

This is so great and looks like a lot of fun!!  You are seriously gorgeous!!!

This weekend wore me out. It really, really did. We got about 2/3 of our house packed into our storage unit and now, we're working on packing what's going with us to our temporary living situation with my sis-in-law and painting. Oh, and trying to figure out how to replace a door that doesn't have a standard measurement width. Good times! But, we're getting there. We got downstairs repainted and this week, it's the upstairs, which is where most of the painting that I did was. It will probably take the entire week to get all of them done. At least we're mostly moved out and can pull what's left away from the walls. I'm hoping to have everything down to packed up and only having to touch up baseboards by Saturday. By this time next week, we should be out of the house and not having to worry about packing or moving anything again for six months. And the packing we'll have to do then is to put what we're using into boxes and carting it over to the new house.

This is by far the most thorough packing and purging job we have done in our entire 19 years of marriage. It's worth it, for sure, but boy, does it take a lot out of a person. I wouldn't be surprised if the extra work and motion has caused me to lose a bit more on the scale. I'm afraid to step on the scale to see nothing has happened. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. 

Res Ipsa and Raeme like this

Another overdue update. I've been in the process of moving and cleaning up our old house to prep to sell. It's on the market now and we have a few minor things to finish up tomorrow. This has been a very, very tiring process, but we are at the very end of it. SO happy for that, too. Once we're done with the other place, I am having a small glass of wine and unpacking and putting away things here. We're living with my SIL for six months while our new house is being built. 

Another unexpected surprise: we now have a dog. A puppy, to be precise. We were getting back to the house with the moving truck on Sunday morning and someone abandoned her tied up to a tree with her leash with no tags, food, or water. It was a very, very sad thing. She's a pit mix, looks like probably a pit/boxer mix. She is incredibly sweet, but still a puppy. She's smart, is picking up on things, but is struggling with other things. It'll be nice to actually not be between both houses so we can enjoy and work with her more on training and getting housebroken. She's adorable.

I'm tired. We took tonight off because we needed it. Things have been tense and stressful for us the last week in the whirlwind finale of all of this move, so I told my husband that we needed to take a night off for our sanity. I'm taking a half day off work tomorrow to get most of the touch ups done and he can finish up everything else in the evening while I have an event to go to for the swim team. Yay!

Busy stuff. I haven't stepped on a scale in two weeks. I'm kind of curious where I'll land nowadays.

Whirlwind. It has been an absolute whirlwind the last week.

We are completely moved out of our house and it is on the market. It went up on Wednesday and our open house was on Sunday, where it had its first opportunities for actual viewings. We worked until Saturday night to get it ready. Our open house was really good. We had about 40 people come through over 2 hours. Good news? By yesterday afternoon, we had three offers on the house. Three! And we've countered all three of them with one in mind because it was really close to our asking as their initial offer and it was a cash offer. Seriously? This can't be real. We may be in escrow on the sale by the end of the week at this point. It's going so fast, I can't keep my head on straight right now.

Second victory: I finally stepped on the scale after about three weeks off of it. I thought I had lost weight, but I wasn't sure how much. My jeans were fairly loose, especially for skinny jeans, but I finally bit the bullet and did it after I found my scale in one of our boxes last night. I'm at 158.4 lbs. A month ago, I was at 168. Wait, really? I've lost 10 pounds in the three weeks? I've been away from snacking and eating what I needed just to stay upright, plus doing a lot of work around the house and up and down stairs and walking and everything. The other kicker? I'm going through my monthly bloating, so I really could be lower in the next few days. I'm almost back down to my original goal weight. I can't believe I'm there again. I had to step on the scale a few times just to be sure. I'm so thrilled right now, I can't get over it. I'll keep going, but man, how crazy.

Then, we got this dog. She's keeping me active, though I can't really do many walks with her until she gets more of her vaccinations. But, I'll be doing a brisk 20 minute walk on my lunch with her at minimum when I can, so that's something. I'm supposed to start back up at the gym at the end of next month, but I'm not sure if I can find the time to do it with now having a commute to and from work with our temporary living situation until our new house is done, plus having to take care of the pup. Maybe I can swing going on my lunch or something, I don't know. I'll have to think about it.

It's unreal how quickly and substantially everything has changed this month. I've lost a lot of my rebound weight, I've practically sold my house, I've moved and I've started doing the design preparations for my new house. This is crazy. It really is.

Have a good rest of your week everyone.

Clickin and Cheesehead like this

I am one of those people who when things are going a little too well, I'm expecting the hitch. 

It sounds like karma is kissing you on the forehead!! 

Post a pic of your new pup please!!  My boxer is 9 and his face is an old man's face. Here's a pic of his sweet little puppy face: 

IMG_0612.thumb.PNG.a895cdbefe46ec45de93ca368cfccb91.PNG

msmarymac, GAviv, Res Ipsa and 2 others like this

37 minutes ago, Clickin said:

I am one of those people who when things are going a little too well, I'm expecting the hitch. 

It sounds like karma is kissing you on the forehead!! 

Post a pic of your new pup please!!  My boxer is 9 and his face is an old man's face. Here's a pic of his sweet little puppy face: 

IMG_0612.thumb.PNG.a895cdbefe46ec45de93ca368cfccb91.PNG

So cute!!! Here she is:

20170212_133019.thumb.jpg.79be01ba79b44f501bd62ad2af9fec9c.jpg

GAviv, Cheesehead and Clickin like this

3 minutes ago, Zen_Steph said:

So cute!!! Here she is:

20170212_133019.thumb.jpg.79be01ba79b44f501bd62ad2af9fec9c.jpg

I love her sweet face! You know how most women ooh and ahh over babies and their ovaries get all fluttery and full of hormones. That's how I am with puppies. I can't even deal with them. It's too much and I want them all. 

9 minutes ago, Clickin said:

I love her sweet face! You know how most women ooh and ahh over babies and their ovaries get all fluttery and full of hormones. That's how I am with puppies. I can't even deal with them. It's too much and I want them all. 

What's weird is that I'm totally a cat person. We weren't looking for a dog. But, given the situation, we did the right thing. She's doing really well and adjusting better than I expected her to. If she continues along this same course, it'll be a fun addition to our zoo of animals.

Res Ipsa, Clickin and GAviv like this

4 hours ago, Clickin said:

Lol! I told Avi I wanted another baby and we agreed on a puppy...maybe :)

Clickin, Res Ipsa and Zen_Steph like this

1 minute ago, GAviv said:

Lol! I told Avi I wanted another baby and we agreed on a puppy...maybe :)

We are going to have to get you a show on TLC. :D

Res Ipsa, Zen_Steph and GAviv like this

16 minutes ago, Clickin said:

We are going to have to get you a show on TLC. :D

Sounds about right! Crazy :) 

Clickin and Zen_Steph like this

Bad news for today: my grandmother passed away. She was 94 years old and had developed pneumonia and the flu. She's been in a pretty fragile state for a few years and started suffering from (I think) dementia and started forgetting who some people were. She's been in the hospital for a few weeks being sick and was finally put on comfort care last weekend. Sad because she was such a wonderful woman, but relieved because she was in a lot of pain and she isn't in pain anymore. So, dealing with those emotions right now.

Good news? We had an acceptance on our counter offer, so we are officially in escrow on the house today. Husband and I signed the documents of her acceptance of our counter, so now we go through the hurry up and wait process. She is going through a VA loan, so it might be a bit weird, but they are shooting for a 35 day escrow. Here's hoping that happens. The house is only 7 1/2 years old and I can't think of anything that would have to be fixed or found very wrong with the house at all. We'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed for a smooth escrow.

Res Ipsa and Clickin like this

I am very sorry for your family's loss.  It is never easy to lose a grandparent.

On the other hand, I am happy that you seem to be on the verge of selling your house for a good price.  All of your hard work on the house clearly paid off.  Be sure to ask for a copy of the HUD-1 form from the attorney for the buyer's lender prior to closing to make sure that you understand how the proceeds of the sale will be distributed.  Also, if you sign a purchase and sale agreement, be sure that you read and understand ever provision, so that you do not have any surprises.  One typical provision deals with what "fixtures" (such as ceiling lights and appliances) you will be taking with you when you move out. 

I'm sorry about your Grandma. We've been hit hard with Influenza/Pneumonia in my neck of Cali this season. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother Steph.

3 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I am very sorry for your family's loss.  It is never easy to lose a grandparent.

On the other hand, I am happy that you seem to be on the verge of selling your house for a good price.  All of your hard work on the house clearly paid off.  Be sure to ask for a copy of the HUD-1 form from the attorney for the buyer's lender prior to closing to make sure that you understand how the proceeds of the sale will be distributed.  Also, if you sign a purchase and sale agreement, be sure that you read and understand ever provision, so that you do not have any surprises.  One typical provision deals with what "fixtures" (such as ceiling lights and appliances) you will be taking with you when you move out. 

We've read the whole contract. We're leaving several items and everything we wanted and weren't going with the house is out, it's vacant except for what's there (ceiling fans, fridge, washer/dryer are staying....we're even leaving the lawn mower). Our realtor has combed over everything and there's nothing that we're missing after numerous discussions.

Edited by Zen_Steph
Res Ipsa likes this

Hi family. I haven't posted since early 2016. I'm glad to be back, but have regressed a bit.  My highest weight pre-surgery (April 2014) was 340. My lowest post-surgery was 205 (March 2016).

I was fighting really hard to get below 200, but right now, I fluctuate between 222-225. I know what to do in my mind, but I don't know what's stopping me from at least dropping these 20 new lbs I have added since last March.

I CAN'T GO BACK!!! HELP!!!!!