Bigfuzzy

will not hurt

7 posts in this topic

are any of you told it will not hurt your plan if you eat that because you don't eat that much anyway or something similar to this?

I am bring told this by my wife. how do you reply? 

Tell her you chose this path.  You will not tell her what to put in her mouth and you would appreciate if she didn't try to control your choices.  My body, my choices.

Stephtay, Larasun and Aussie H like this

I wonder why she feels the need to control what you eat? Is she trying to sabotage you? What drives people to be concerned with what others are eating? I would ask yourself that question. Then you will know how to respond. Is it because she misses having a food buddy, because she wants to  feel better about her own bad choices, because she made something and wants to share it with you, because she is trying to sabotage you? 

Aussie H, cinwa and GAviv like this

sabotage, maybe so. I have thought about that. she had what they called stomach stapling in 1985. they didn't have good plans back then, if any at all. she also had problems, don't remember the details. she lost too much weight. I think a lot of it was not having the plans we do today. she snacks, smokes & drinks diet drinks. she has also told me I have lost too much weight. so yes it has crossed my mind

2 hours ago, Bigfuzzy said:

sabotage, maybe so. I have thought about that. she had what they called stomach stapling in 1985. they didn't have good plans back then, if any at all. she also had problems, don't remember the details. she lost too much weight. I think a lot of it was not having the plans we do today. she snacks, smokes & drinks diet drinks. she has also told me I have lost too much weight. so yes it has crossed my mind

The 1985 surgery was called Gastroplasty. As for not having "good plans" back then it would be fairer to say they had no plans at all. I had that surgery back in February '86, and I can assure you that I snacked, smoked, and drank (both diet carbonated drinks and alcohol) as well. Your wife may well not know any differently, but you do need to educate her. I also hope that your wife has been followed up by either a gastro or bariatric surgeon since her surgery. In the past week alone I've heard two bariatric surgeons and a now retired ER nurse describe those surgeries as "barbaric". Mine has torn my stomach apart and the renewed scarring has blocked the stoma. Only way to really know what damage has been done is through endoscopy and if necessary a barium swallow test.

she has all my info & I have talked with her about it. she doesn't want to change? yet? she actually encouraged me to have it done.

I think each person should eat what make them happy and healthy.