nikkilw

Getting antsy!

I'm in that land of Limbo right now - I've gone through the 6 months of appointments required by insurance, my insurance has approved the procedure, all tests are finished and approved and I just put myself onto the liver-shrinking diet part of things. But, because my regular Physician wanted approval from a Cardiologist before he signed the consent form, so now I'm stuck waiting on him to get it signed and sent in. I was approved over a month ago, I'd hoped they'd have it in by now. I understand that things get busy, especially around the holidays, so I'm not mad at anyone personally, just frustrated that I have to wait longer. I'm so anxious and ready for this to begin! It sucks feeling so prepared and ready, but getting stuck on the technicalities like paperwork! 

I suppose this is what I get for deciding to do this around the holidays, huh? lol Did the waiting time crawl by for you, or did it fly by?

I'd start making calls to find out what the hold up is..

I'm sure that Christmas slows the process down somewhat but I'm with Cheesehead of hitting the telephone.

Things do tend to slow to a halt this time of year. My surgeon asked me back in November to make an appointment for next week. He knew our local operating theatres were going to be closed for maintenance from Christmas week until mid January, so he'd be visiting where I live with no scheduled surgeries (other than emergencies). He does a lot of gastrointestinal surgeries in my town. I'll certainly sound him out on Monday about what is going on about scheduling my revision. Unlike many here though I'm not in a hurry.

That said I do have a life, and at the moment I can't commit to anything knowing my surgery could be scheduled at any time. Plus I need to work out how I'm going to spend the necessary two weeks post surgery away from home. While in one way not knowing sucks, I'm content and losing lots of weight while I am in limbo, and that can only be a positive for me when surgery does happen.

Edited by Aussie H

I actually called on Saturday, only to be re-routed and told to call back Monday. Which I did, only to be told that they're closed for the holiday and to call back tomorrow. I though it was weird that they were open today when she told me Monday, but I figured she knew better than I did lol I'll try again tomorrow and hope the third time's a charm!

My surgeon had 4 surgeries on Christmas eve! Time will fly by and before you know it you'll be on your way :)