HeatherG

BCBS Approval

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to have the Gastric Sleeve since September 2016. I lost weight in 2015, From February to August. I lost 50 pounds, kept it off until around July 2016. I started my application in September and have gained all my weight back since. The lady that I have been talking to keeps telling me that insurance needs me to see my PCP again every time I talk to her. I have been seeing my PCP for almost 2 years, every month. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Does it usually take this long to get the paperwork together and have ins approve the surgery? I don't want to keep pestering her about it, but I am starting to get impatient. Now my OB/GYN is talking about doing a hysterectomy too, but I want to have the sleeve done first. Do I continue to stay on the doctor's office or just wait to see what happens? I need to be able to schedule my hyst but I cant until I get this sleeve scheduled first.

I would call and talk to your insurance to see what is actually required.

my BCBS required a 6 month "supervised" diet as one of the things.  I had to do a weigh in once a month for 6 months.  Could this be what they are doing!  Some insurances require other testing.  

Res Ipsa likes this

call them & get them to send it to you in writing. bcbs told me I didn't a 6 month diet 3 to 5 times, then when I got

everything else done I needed the 6 month diet.