Minfit

Sometimes I am scared to eat

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to eat more but I am scared to, does that make sense?  Almost 4 months post op and my Weight loss has slowed a lot. In the beginning I was so nauseated I couldn't eat much and a lot of times I am not hungry so I am trying to eat when I am not hungry and that seems dangerous, isn't it? I am around 36_ 50 grams of protein and about 500 to maybe 700 calories a day, so I am eating a snack before bedtime because I do wake up in the middle of the night feeling hungry. 

I feel like this is a journey i am on and I am never going to get the hang of it, just when I think I do I change.  I could drink shakes in the beginning not anymore, still can't eat nuts, tired of beans and eggs. Just wish I could do better

tmcgee likes this

I eat a lot of dairy and I do have to force myself to eat because I'm never hungry. Keep trying different foods, seafood works for many of us, and jerky, soup, chili, and stew. For me, if I don't eat, and drink enough water, I feel physically terrible.

Minfit likes this

I agree with Tom, keep trying different high protein foods until you find foods that you like. You are doing really great so far!

Minfit likes this

I know exactly how you feel. I'm 8 weeks post-op, and nearly everything still hurts my stomach. I cannot do whey protein, makes me sick, so shakes and/or bars are out. Even water gives me stomach pain unless I take it in tiny little sips. So I know I'm not getting the protein and fluids I need. I haven't tried jerky, isn't that too high in sodium? Yesterday I had a few bites of scrambled egg whites and a few bites of fruit, and it came up almost before I could make it to the bathroom. Like you, I need to find better ways. I hope you find what works for you.

Edited by Alane
Minfit likes this

Are you scared to eat more because you think you might get sick, or are you scared it will slow your weightloss down?

We had our operations on the same day, you have lost an OUTSTANDING 75 pounds!!!  75 pounds!!! that is amazing.  

I am still trying different things to see what works for me, I've only lost 35 pounds but I have no troubles eating.  But even though, I am still always between 500-800 calories and try to get to 60-70 grams of protein, which is hard!