ImaFighterx97

Food ideas..

7 posts in this topic

I need new food ideas For breakfast / lunch. :) i been bored eating the same thing i think i need to try new stuff lol.. i eat half of tuna for lunch with three crackers. Sometimes scrambled eggs with turkey bacon with sugar free syrup. What do you eat? 

Breakfast a glass of iced coffee and late a protein shake.  I don't like breakfast anymore..

ham and cheese rolll ups, Greek yogurt and an apple, or Gouda and apple, fajita meat and veggies, 

Breakfast for me is usually cottage cheese during the week. Greek yogurt is another option.

On the weekends its an egg and bacon or I like the Power cakes by Kodiak Cakes. I'll make a bunch, freeze them and use them during the week as an alternative to cottage cheese sometimes.

For lunch I like chili or dinner leftovers or (if I'm feeling lazy) I buy high protein frozen meals like Atkins or anything 20+ grams in protein.

Sometimes I'll buy a rotisserie chicken from Costco and divide it up and freeze into lunch size portions. Different sauces and toppings added to it can give you a lot of variety. (Salsa, tomato sauce and cheese, swiss and a ham slice, ranch seasoning, BBQ sauce)

Tuna, chicken, egg, or seafood salad

hummus

yogurt

salami or roast beef with cheese

any kind of fish

shrimp - cold or cooked in a dish

fajitas (no tortillas)

burger (no bun)

For lunch when I am at work (where I have access to a full sized refrigerator/freezer and a microwave), I often heat up frozen dinners that are about 300 (or fewer) calories and relatively high in protein.

For example, I love Stoffer's Baked Chicken Breast (240 calories and 24 grams of protein) and also like Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatballs (290 calories and 16 grams of protein).  Also yummy is the Lean Cuisine Chicken Parmesan (310 calories and 18 grams of protein).

I know that there are "better choices" than these frozen meals, but I think that they taste good and when I eat them I am not temped to eat something much less healthy.

vsgguy likes this

My go-to meals:

Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt with a dash of honey and a large handful of blueberries, a scrambled egg w/veggies. Sometimes I'll have a half piece of toast with natural peanut butter 

Lunch: meat stick, cheese, leftover meat add to a salad, cheese & crackers, 1/2 sandwich, soup

Dinner: any meat, fish or seafood, veggies, an occasional potato, salads, 1/2 hamburger...

a little late but wanted to offer my two cents.  by the way I a diabetic so I watch what I eat even more carefully

breakfast

about a teaspoon of peanut butter or almond butter - the organic kind - with fruit

or one piece of fruit with a handful of almonds

or a 0% yogurt with muesli and fruit

love breakfast!

Lunch varies from leftovers to soup to salad

salads I love - and easy to prepare

- feta cheese, cucumber and cherry tomatoes

- mixed lettuce with cherry tomatoes, swiss cheese and smoked chicken or turkey

dressing usually olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper

leftovers include

- weight watchers vegetable soup with multi grain crackers

- lentil soup

- chicken or beef chili

i always follow lunch with a piece of fruit and a cup of tea.  sometimes I am full so I don't, but if i am still hungry, tea and fruit does the trick.

I usually eat 'clean' meaning almost nothing processed and tea includes English breakfast, green tea or lemon ginger