Crazy4veggies

Week 1 Nausea

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I had my vertical sleeve on the 22nd of Dec, 2016.  I can't eat anything without being nauseous.  No broth, no protein shakes, jello, water all make me nauseous.  I am able to drink some Crystal light.  I'm scared, I don't want to end up in the hospital.  Any suggestions?  

Thx, Cheryl

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

1 hour ago, Crazy4veggies said:

Hi, I had my vertical sleeve on the 22nd of Dec, 2016.  I can't eat anything without being nauseous.  No broth, no protein shakes, jello, water all make me nauseous.  I am able to drink some Crystal light.  I'm scared, I don't want to end up in the hospital.  Any suggestions?  

Thx, Cheryl

I'm so sorry you're having nausea. Did they give you any anti-nausea meds? My doc sent me home with some. Drink as much as you can to prevent dehydration and call your doc as soon as possible. Most exchanges have a doctor on call.

Yes, I'm taking the anti nausea med and drinking Crystal light.  I can't hardly stomach anything

1 hour ago, Crazy4veggies said:

Yes, I'm taking the anti nausea med and drinking Crystal light.  I can't hardly stomach anything

Again I'm sorry. At least you're getting your liquids in. Please see the doc as soon as you can.

Thanks

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

Nausea stinks. Im sorry you're dealing with this.  I'm bypass but was very nauseous for several weeks.  As long as you get enough liquid in you'll be okay.  Sip sip sip throughout the day and count every bit. Always try for 64 ounces but know how much you're actually getting in every day.  Warm decaf green tea really helped me a lot early out.  It does get better!!

Zofran was my buddy.  Also homemade ginger tea, peppermint tea and the like. 

Edited by Raeme

Keep trying different no calorie drinks to see if one of them sits better in your stomach - for example, Vitamin Water Zero (especially the Rise (orange), Revive (purple fruit punch) and Lemonade flavors) were my go to drinks early on. 

Thank you guys so much!

I would call the doctor. Maybe you would have more success with a different antinausea med. Also, I find broth, jello and protein shakes nauseating and did better when I was able to increase my diet.