Tom Sharpe

What are you reading?

33 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2016 at 8:15 AM, Bigfuzzy said:

what do you do with all the paper backs you have read?? that is another reason I like my kindle.

Donate to the Veterans Home or Goodwill or Salvation Army.

i do read.  e books but. I prefer reading books that I  can touch and feel.

Edited by Spunkycat

16 hours ago, Clickin said:

@vsgguyHave you read the books? I had read the book well in advance of seeing the movie.

I don't think the movie could ever possibly show the complexity and distrust of Leo and Raisa's marriage. 

Other than that, I thought it was a good version of the book. 

I have not, was not even aware the movie was based on a book. I am going to read it now. Thanks for the tip

Clickin likes this

Regulation manual for work.  Yuck

vsgguy likes this

The Lady of the Rivers by Phillipa Gregory.  my Christmas present to myself this year is a Kindle Fire.  this is my first book on it.  i love it.  and the book too.  i really enjoy historical fiction.  

Clickin and vsgguy like this

14 hours ago, Raeme said:

Regulation manual for work.  Yuck

Any pictures? LOL

Raeme likes this

Well since I replied to this I have read : 

Heartbroken - Lisa Unger - Which was amazingly good. Fast paced and I really enjoyed it.

The Night Bird - Brian Freeman - Wow, this was a fantastic book. I thought halfway through I knew what the denouement was, and I was delighted that I was wrong. Really can't wait to read more from him. 

Fate of Perfection - K.F. Breene - This was also fantastic. Sci-fi with a twist. Unfortunately when I ended I realised it was apart of a series, and the next one doesn't come out until June! Bah. 

Poisonfeather - Gibson Vaughn #2 - Matthew FitzSimmons - Last year I was lucky enough to read "The Short Drop" which was the Gibson Vaughn #1 book and it was amazing. I really enjoyed the main character, and forgot about it, and then was able to pick up this one, it left on a cliffhanger, which I am frustrated about, because again the next one doesn't come out until later this year. Bah!! 

Play Dead - Anne Fraiser - I really really liked this book. It was a thriller, with supernatural elements. It read like an old southern gothic novel.

Currently, I am reading the follow-up to Play Dead, which is Stay Dead - And it starts off a year after the first book left off. It's interesting so far, am going to go curl up near the fire and read some more, as school was cancelled for my kiddos today, and we're snowed in. 

If anyone is interested - https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/28936585-kimberly

vsgguy likes this

I'm reading MEETING THE OTHER CROWD: THE FAIRY STORIES OF HIDDEN IRELAND by Edmund Lenihan. Accidentally bought two copies of it, one on each of my last two Ireland trips! whoops...

vsgguy likes this

7 hours ago, vsgguy said:

Any pictures? LOL

Ugh no!!  Excruciating. 

vsgguy likes this