ImaFighterx97

Maintaining Body - Workout Routine?

8 posts in this topic

For everyone whos trying to maintain , whats your work out routine like and how many times a week do you work out ? :) 

Stephtay likes this

Because I love it I play tennis 3-5 times a week during spring, summer and fall and 1-2 times a week in winter. I usually hit the gym for yoga or Pilates a couple days a week depending on the tennis schedule. I also do some running but that's not the norm. I only do that when I have a race coming up with my sisters. 

I don't do it any of it for weight maintenance as my diet varies little even with exercise. I just like the way it makes me feel. 

Stephtay likes this

I do not work out at all, but instead I try to lead an active lifestyle. I volunteer in my family to take out the trash and carry boxes, I take the stairs (rather than an elevator or escalator) whenever possible, I love taking long walks (especially with other people so that we can chat while we walk), etc. 

Stephtay likes this

I don't workout at all.  I have a Nordic trac and recumbant bike collecting dust in my spare room.  Haven't stepped foot in a gym in over 10 years.  But I do make an effort to be active.  I do a lot of lifting, squatting, walking, and bending at my job.  I park as far away from store entrances as possible.  I always take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.  I have horses so I am lifting 80 pound bales of hay every day.  I go for hikes with my dog and usually incorporate recreational activities like kayaking, hiking, skiing, biking and swimming into my weekends and vacations.

Stephtay likes this

I'll be the example of the other side of things. I exercise 6 days a week. I average 14 hours a week. I run long distances, lift weights, bike, and swim. All of this is fun for me and getting stronger/faster/more athletic was a goal that went along with surgery. I still had my 10 pound regain. My dr isn't concerned and neither am I...I actually am pretty confident that most of the regain was muscle as I  moved into lifting heavier weights and I wear the same size clothes or smaller than I did 10 pounds less. 

Stephtay, vsgguy and Waisting like this

I take Pilates 2 - 3 times a week for an hour. I workout with a trainer 1x a week at the gym. Combo of lifting, strength training and cardio. I try to get in 2 - 3 more sessions of cardio each week. Either hiking, running, walking or using the various cardio machines at the gym. I swim when I can - which isn't often as I don't have regular pool access. I try to do active things for entertainment - play disc golf, ice skating, dancing at concerts, etc. In a good week, I exercise everyday. In an average week I exercise 5 times. In a week where I have very long days at work, I exercise two times a week. Always a minimum of two, no matter what. 

I walk 3 miles a day at a pretty quick pace (I have a treadmill because of our weather in the PNW).  I also do a bit of yoga and/or pilates daily.

Stephtay likes this

Posted (edited)

I can relate to your response createchange!  I work out 4-5 times a week with a balanced split of cardio/endurance and strength training. I gained 10 pounds as well, and am confident that the gain was muscle as I am wearing the same size or smaller clothes, Glad to hear that someone else has experienced the same as I as I struggle with the gain in my head at times. 

Edited by vsgguy