Nach

Post Op 4 Days & Second Guessing

My mom is getting tired of my rejects. :) It was so much easier to just eat a bowl of the food instead of now looking at the bowl going down in 1/4 cup increments. (One good thing is that someone brought tagalongs to work today, and I just thought ick and of the discomfort of dumping.)   Tomorrow is the end of week one ... just two more weeks to go until soft food.

Well.. a quick update. At my 3 month post op appointment,  I weighed 281.5. At the very beginning, I was 368, dropped to 336 for surgery... and at 3 months was 281.5. Only 81 lbs to go. Still learning what I can and can't eat. Staying away from rice, white bread, potatoes, and enriched pasta. Been trying to stay with whole wheat if I eat any bread or pasta (if we go out and I don't have a choice)...and all the proteins and vegetables I can afford. Lol. Still weighing meals, but I've finally learned what being full feels like. It's definitely a different feeling than before, and I sure try to keep away from sugar as it'll make me feel so bad it'll put me in the bed for a few hours . But anyway, things are definitely better than they were when I posted just a few days post op. I'm still fighting to get that 100oz of liquid per day and 125 grams of protein as I'm just not hungry... but protein is what helps your body burn the fat, so I'm trying hard. Anyway, hope everyone is well. I just wanted to leave a quick message and thank y'all for all of your support.

Edited by Nach

Great update! So glad you checked in. You're doing great!

Edited by Gretta

Nach - at 3 months, you are able to eat breads and pasta? I've tried rice and a tiny nibble of bread, but I've been hesitant to try pasta or more bread.

On May 1, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Nach said:

Well.. a quick update. At my 3 month post op appointment,  I weighed 281.5. At the very beginning, I was 368, dropped to 336 for surgery... and at 3 months was 281.5. Only 81 lbs to go. Still learning what I can and can't eat. Staying away from rice, white bread, potatoes, and enriched pasta. Been trying to stay with whole wheat if I eat any bread or pasta (if we go out and I don't have a choice)...and all the proteins and vegetables I can afford. Lol. Still weighing meals, but I've finally learned what being full feels like. It's definitely a different feeling than before, and I sure try to keep away from sugar as it'll make me feel so bad it'll put me in the bed for a few hours . But anyway, things are definitely better than they were when I posted just a few days post op. I'm still fighting to get that 100oz of liquid per day and 125 grams of protein as I'm just not hungry... but protein is what helps your body burn the fat, so I'm trying hard. Anyway, hope everyone is well. I just wanted to leave a quick message and thank y'all for all of your support.

Excellent progress! Congrats! It's reassuring to hear that you are getting the "full" signals from your body. I'm still pre op and I can't wait for that! You should update your stats on your profile to show your current progress :)