Vsg21

Help

5 posts in this topic

Today is my one month aniversary after having vertical sleeve gastrectomy and I've only lost 38 pounds. I'm scared that I won't loose anymore weight. I take all my vitamins, I have apple sauce for breakfast but not much. Then I have my protein shakes in between. For lunch I usually have tuna or chicken for lunch( maybe a couple bites) and dinner. I do need to add more vegetables to my meals. I will be walking more, I am just very scared that I won't loose the weight I need to. 

Wow, 38 pounds! I'm still pre-op, but that seems like a fair amount. I'm sure others will be able to say more.

Vsg21 likes this

38lb is a fantastic amount to lose in 1 month.  That's an average of 1.26lb a day.  It's working for you Vsg21 - keep doing what you're doing.

You've "only lost" 38 pounds? In a month? When is the last time you've lost so much in just over 4 weeks time? That is incredible success for your first month. You'll lose more weight. You may have a stall in there, but stick to your plan and follow the rules and you'll continue to lose weight.

GAviv, Res Ipsa, athenarose and 1 other like this

That's true thank you for the encouragement ! I cut out apple sauce because there is no protein in that so I'm just sticking to eggs for breakfast. I hope those that are still in Pre op that you succeed and start to enjoy your new healthy life. I have over 100 pounds to loose but I'm still so greatful I had the opportunity to get this surgery, best of luck to all! 

Edited by Vsg21