Clickin

Now it's my turn

37 posts in this topic

Everything is going great. We had a snafu with scheduling my appointment which was supposed to be today. Instead I will see him Monday. One of my beloved RN's from work pulled my drains for me. I've never had the pleasure of having drains before. OMG. What a relief to have them gone. The first drain she pulled was over 12 inches inside!! When she initially pulled it felt like a giant thick rubber band snapping inside my hip! The second one she pulled we filmed to gross out a coworker. Yeah, we're weird and gross like that. And the mission was accomplished :P

So here are my thoughts at 9 days out:

My boobs. My boobs!!! They haven't been this lovely since 7th grade when I went from a training bra to a D cup in a summer. As I said before, we didn't do implants, just a lift. The anchor incisions at this point are so thin and already I can barely see them.

This is a sharp contrast from my TT incision which is wide and jagged and puckered. I know this is normal and I am obsessing online looking at scar progression photos.  Double edged sword right? With so many wonderful uplifting examples are the horror stories hiding in there! Ugh. Get your act together google. Do a better job sorting lol. 

The binder. Sigh. It is a monster. It's either too loose or too tight. My spare which is a different brand is so firm that I want to faint about 5 mins after strapping it on. 

I'm slowly working myself to a more upright posture. However, by the end of the day I notice I'm pretty hunched over again. When I am freshly out of the shower and upright I cannot believe how different my thighs look. I was skeptical that it would make this much of a difference. I was wrong. Of course the very inner thigh is still jiggly and my backside? Cottage cheese. But man is the front smooth! 

I've sneezed twice. I was sure I died both times.  My son has this stupid virus that's going around and I told my husband that if I catch it- he should just put me in a nursing home and forget about me.  Melodramatic much? I cannot cough, it's like my body just refuses to do it even if I'm intentionally trying to.  I don't know what that's about.

I couldn't resist temptation and I weighed myself yesterday. I am 9 lbs lighter than preop. Even with this much swelling. I'm not eating much, but I have had at least one protein shake a day and usually a yogurt and an egg. I've completely weened myself off pain med. I go back to work Tuesday. I have no idea what I'm going to wear. 

I'm excited for you! So glad you're healing well and getting the results you wanted. Looking forward to perky boobs myself one day.

Clickin likes this

Thanks for the update, Claudia, I've been thinking of you!! Sounds like you are making great progress! Just take it slow when you go back to work. Listen to your body. Rest up!  Xoxo 

Clickin, Res Ipsa and Stephtay like this

I'm so glad to hear your update!  Both because I've been wondering how you were doing, and selfishly I am curious how I am going to do post-op.  Yep, I have a date!  March 16.  I'm a bit scared, but it helps reading of others' experiences.

I'm so happy for you, it sounds like your results are just amazing!  Hoping you continue to heal well!

Mary

GAviv and Clickin like this

I haven't been on much and didn't know about your surgery! Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great! I am super happy for you! The binder gets easier and more comfortable. I ended up really liking it and wore it for about a month after the dr. told me I didn't need it anymore. 

Clickin likes this

2 hours ago, msmarymac said:

I'm so glad to hear your update!  Both because I've been wondering how you were doing, and selfishly I am curious how I am going to do post-op.  Yep, I have a date!  March 16.  I'm a bit scared, but it helps reading of others' experiences.

I'm so happy for you, it sounds like your results are just amazing!  Hoping you continue to heal well!

Mary

That's my bday!! I'm super excited for you and will keep updating for you. <3

msmarymac likes this

7 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

I haven't been on much and didn't know about your surgery! Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great! I am super happy for you! The binder gets easier and more comfortable. I ended up really liking it and wore it for about a month after the dr. told me I didn't need it anymore. 

I'm glad to see you on here Steph. :wub:

I have questions about scar massage. Im sure you've posted about it before.?. 

When did you start and did you use only your hands or a wand? What kind of oil/creams did you use? 

After he pulled my 2nd drain....so 3 weeks post op;  he said I can start to message the scars and apply lotion.   I gingerly did this as it felt....wierd...  not hurt, but didn't really have sensation so just felt plain odd touching it even.  Even now 10 weeks post (!!) there is still slightly a bit of numbness directly on the incisions;  enough to be noticeable but barely at this point.

I used regular unscented lotion and the last couple weeks I use (with his approval) some prescription scar cream from my dermatologist whom prescribed it for some other scars I had  (I don't heal well from scars, apparently).

Clickin and chriss like this

I was going to post my one month experience the other night but I was really tired, cold and decided to take a nice hot bath instead. 

Well, as I was drying off, I had an exquisitely tender area on part of my scar line just above my pubis. The next morning at work (Friday) I was going potty and as I pulled my girdle down- it was even more tender. I figured I was just irritating the newly healed scar line with my compression garments but decided to show my "private nurse"/coworker. She palpated it and said it was definitely fluid. She took a pic and I sent it to my surgeon's intern because my surgeon was out of the office for a week. About 10 minutes later my surgeon was calling me and telling me to get to his office now (4hr drive!). So on the road I went. I was surprised to see my surgeon there waiting for me. He took a scalpel and opened up a small area and immediately fluid came rushing out. My body decided to encapsulate two areas of the internal suture line. He snipped part of the suture line out- it is a running, spiral suture from hip to hip, cleaned and irrigated, prescribed some antibiotics and sent me on my way. Now I have to pack it with gauze and let it heal from inside out. It is directly above where my right side drain was located. That is the side that slipped off my binder and almost jerked my suture out. 

It feels so much better. The scar line is numb- I guess I didn't really recognize how much that area "hurt". I'm relieved we caught it early and I'm hoping for smooth sailing from here. Since Friday I have been blessed with not having to wear my girdle. It feels amazing to be free although I still have swelling. Besides my little problem area, all my other incisions are well healed and I started applying BioCorneum provided by my surgeon. I am looking forward to march 1st when I can start wearing a normal underwire bra!

Edited by Clickin

@Clickin I'm so glad you were insightful enough to send a pic and that it was caught early! Here's to a speedy recovery from here on out.

Clickin and Res Ipsa like this

Claudia, so glad it was taken care of and that you are once again on the mend! 

I can't believe i missed all the action, clicky! CONGRATS on your surgery. I just saw your pic in what are you wearing- amazing! you look gorgeous. so happy for you!

Clickin likes this