Clickin

Now it's my turn

37 posts in this topic

Yesterday I had my consult. After searching options from Portland to San Francisco I landed on a highly reputable, well qualified Harvard trained surgeon. 

The visit was simultaneously the best and worst experience ever. There is simply nothing that is not demeaning and humiliating about lifting your apron while wearing a paper thong and standing for many many pics.  I went into a protective cocoon somewhere in a far away universe. 

Here's the deal: my skin is super fragile. He absolutely did not recommend implants which I really didn't want to start with. I've had massive fun bags since 7th grade. I went from training bra to d/dd over the course of a summer. This left me with shoulder gouges, neck and shoulder issues. I like running. I like that I can strap my skin socks in and nothing jiggles while I do it. I hate my skin socks. They won't stay put in any kind of a non-utilitarian bra. They find a way to slide on out and say hey. They are the worst. To my pleasant surprise, he thinks there is still enough tissue to have a full c/small d with a lift. What??!?!  Apparently there's a little meat in these crepey creepy skin socks. Whoo hoo!

He no longer performs LBL which I thought I would need because of my hip/saddle bag rolls. He will be performing a High Lateral Tension abdominoplasty with some lipo. He explained with the extended to hip scar line it will pull up the front and outsides of my thighs and hip. My inner thighs will not be affected but I'm so ok with that. I never thought I was going to come out of surgery to walk the Victoria's Secret fashion show. I just want this apron gone. I just want to not have to strap myself up from the neck to thigh everyday. I've had such a negative self image that I hardly ever post what I'm wearing anymore. 

So January 16th, 2017 is my day. I was shaking like a leaf while signing consent forms and writing the check for 1/2 of his fees. I'm committed. I'm doing this for myself. I deserve this. Go me!!!!

sprocket, KMFL28, Res Ipsa and 13 others like this

I am so freaking PROUD of you! Can't wait to hear about your experience as I hope to do my tummy tuck next year if I can deal with another surgery.

you are so beautiful as is, but I can't wait to see the result!! Xoxo

I'm so happy for you!  I have been considering it myself so I look forward to hearing more about your experience!  You so deserve this, good for you for being brave and going for it!

22 minutes ago, GAviv said:

I am so freaking PROUD of you! Can't wait to hear about your experience as I hope to do my tummy tuck next year if I can deal with another surgery.

you are so beautiful as is, but I can't wait to see the result!! Xoxo

18 minutes ago, msmarymac said:

I'm so happy for you!  I have been considering it myself so I look forward to hearing more about your experience!  You so deserve this, good for you for being brave and going for it!

Thank you lovely ladies. It's very surreal. I've found so many reasons and continually set goals I knew I wouldn't meet to keep postponing my consults. No more. I'm set. I will keep this updated. 

Res Ipsa, Raeme, GAviv and 1 other like this

This is so very exciting! You have worked so hard and are such a beautiful person. Congratulations on making this decision, you absolutely deserve to feel great.

Clickin likes this

Good for you!  You have done a really great job with your weight loss and now it is time to have this surgery. You deserve it. We are all here to support you. 

Clickin likes this

That's great Claudia! I'm so excited for you!

Clickin likes this

I've been so inspired by you and others who are taking this next step here recently.  So, I decided to join in and have scheduled a consult for December 28!!!  I don't know what all I will end up doing (because I need the works, lol) but I at least want to explore the options. 

Thanks so much to everyone who shares their stories so that others (me!) gain the courage it takes to move forward!!!!

Edited by msmarymac
Clickin and GAviv like this

Although I need the works- my thighs and arms are not the best- I really feel like my quality of life will be so much better with this apron gone. 

Im excited for you, the 28th is just around the corner!

My mammo was yesterday and my results came back a couple hours later. I have just benign fibroglandular boobs. Bonus* the tech that did it is a fellow sleever. She's five years out. It's always great to meet our kind :) 

one month and counting...

I'm late to the party here. Congratulations on this next milestone. Hope it is everything you're hoping for and then some!

Clickin likes this

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Clickin said:

Yesterday I had my consult. After searching options from Portland to San Francisco I landed on a highly reputable, well qualified Harvard trained surgeon. 

The visit was simultaneously the best and worst experience ever. There is simply nothing that is not demeaning and humiliating about lifting your apron while wearing a paper thong and standing for many many pics.  I went into a protective cocoon somewhere in a far away universe. 

Here's the deal: my skin is super fragile. He absolutely did not recommend implants which I really didn't want to start with. I've had massive fun bags since 7th grade. I went from training bra to d/dd over the course of a summer. This left me with shoulder gouges, neck and shoulder issues. I like running. I like that I can strap my skin socks in and nothing jiggles while I do it. I hate my skin socks. They won't stay put in any kind of a non-utilitarian bra. They find a way to slide on out and say hey. They are the worst. To my pleasant surprise, he thinks there is still enough tissue to have a full c/small d with a lift. What??!?!  Apparently there's a little meat in these crepey creepy skin socks. Whoo hoo!

He no longer performs LBL which I thought I would need because of my hip/saddle bag rolls. He will be performing a High Lateral Tension abdominoplasty with some lipo. He explained with the extended to hip scar line it will pull up the front and outsides of my thighs and hip. My inner thighs will not be affected but I'm so ok with that. I never thought I was going to come out of surgery to walk the Victoria's Secret fashion show. I just want this apron gone. I just want to not have to strap myself up from the neck to thigh everyday. I've had such a negative self image that I hardly ever post what I'm wearing anymore. 

So January 16th, 2017 is my day. I was shaking like a leaf while signing consent forms and writing the check for 1/2 of his fees. I'm committed. I'm doing this for myself. I deserve this. Go me!!!!

Just checking to see how your feeling

Just now, chriss said:

Just checking to see how your feeling

Thanks! Actually it was rescheduled to tomorrow. My surgeon had the flu. 

I will post again as soon as I can. Wish me luck! :wacko:

msmarymac and chriss like this

13 minutes ago, Clickin said:

Thanks! Actually it was rescheduled to tomorrow. My surgeon had the flu. 

I will post again as soon as I can. Wish me luck! :wacko:

Good luck - we are all pulling for you!!  :)

Clickin likes this

So incredibly excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your experience.

i will be thinking of you tomorrow. Xoxo

Clickin likes this

Best of luck, thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Clickin likes this

Thinking of you today!  Hope everything goes smoothly and you get the results you want.  :) 

Clickin likes this

Thinking of you and hoping for the very best for you!  Am anxious to hear about your experience and results!

Clickin likes this

Hi my beautiful peeps. :wub:

Surgery went amazingly well and I did great in recovery. 

I have 2 drains in my mons which I can already see and tell is all new!

he weighed my removal for me. 7-8 pounds of skin on just my abdomen and keyhole on my breasts. My hubby went out to get me some diet ginger ale and I had an emotional burst. I feel so ashamed about this. The cry is out and I pulled my stuff together. I know I shouldn't be ashamed but i was so shocked at that weight it was the instant feeling. 

He lipo'ed my flanks, abdomen and mons. My boobs are weirdly more sore than my belly but I'm sure the binder has a lot to do with that. I'm also wearing a device called SofPulse which he insists helps with pain and inflammation. I don't know what the output on the lipo shake was, I know that they put a lot of the liquidation fluid so I'm not too interested in finding out.

The surgery center has two PS's who operate there. Every single nurse told me good job picking Dr Movassaghi. He uses the high lateral tension technique which fastens the abdominal fascia to the thigh fascia so I am quite tight and getting back into bed has been a little sketchy but overall I'm not in as much pain as I expected. 

My hubby is an amazing nurse. I'm so thankful for him. He is milking and measuring like a pro!!

Great news. Thanks for the update!  

Clickin and ShrinkingViolet2 like this

Yay, what a great update! So excited for you. Keep us updated.

Clickin and ShrinkingViolet2 like this

Congratulations! I'm so happy everything went well!

Clickin likes this

Jealous of your new mons!

Clickin likes this

Just now, Jolls said:

Jealous of your new mons!

How are you feeling? How is your swelling?

4 minutes ago, Clickin said:

How are you feeling? How is your swelling?

Meh.  I don't really know if it is smaller or not - or maybe still swollen.  Its definately different....but is that because I can actually see it now without 15lbs of skin hanging over it?  I don't know.   It now sticks out farther then my stomach!  The damn thing is just so annoying lol.  It doesn't feel like swelling just mushy fat but then again so did all that stomach skin so clearly I don't know much.  Regardless -  it will have to be put on the back burner until a far far later time;  other things to focus on instead.  But one day you flabby private puff...you will be cut off!

2 minutes ago, Jolls said:

Regardless -  it will have to be put on the back burner until a far far later time;  other things to focus on instead.  But one day you flabby private puff...you will be cut off!

Well I hope you do get to it because I know how bothersome it is.