Michelle L

I need a buddy!

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with a surgery date of 12/8/2016 --Just 8 more days!  I am so nervous....I guess that is normal but I am so scared!  I know I am doing this for me and to be healthy and I have done so much research so I know what I am getting into....just apprehensive.  

Thanks for listening (Reading)!  

Fitz and Bob J like this

Hello Michelle,

Welcome to TT. Congratulations on having surgery.

Everyone here is very supportive no matter what stage or WLS you are in.  I can say, I have felt the way you are and when I found TT, everyone made me feel welcome and was supportive.

There will be ups and downs and second thoughts, but in the end, think of this as doing it for yourself.  if you have questions, you have a lot of members here to try and give you answers to your questions.

I had surgery in October, so I am not that far ahead of you. I decided on surgery because I could see myself getting larger and didn't want to die that way.  I have my 6 week doctors appointment tomorrow and I have not weighed myself since my last appointment but I stepped on the scale.  I have a talking scale. I thought it was broke because it didn't start of saying four hundred seventeen. Instead it started saying three hundred ninety nine.  I lost over 67 pounds since starting the liquid pre-op diet.

Good luck with your surgery next week and keep us informed how you are doing.

Res Ipsa, Fitz and Michelle L like this

Thank you Bob!  I am so appreciative of your reply!  I will keep you all informed of the progress and you do the same!  I have already lost 10 pounds since I started the pre-op diet last week.  YAY!  I too could only see myself going higher and higher with my weight.  My mother died of a stroke and had high blood pressure.  I was seeing my blood pressure go up as well.  I have started having swelling in my legs and sever sleep apnea!  I had to choose to do this and I am glad that there is this forum to help get my thoughts out!  

Thanks again!!  

Bob J likes this

Hello!  I am almost 3 weeks post-op and I am doing good!  I am now on soft foods and will go to semi-regular diet on January 5th.  I have lost a total of 33 pounds.  I will take that!  

srattee, Cheesehead, Bob J and 1 other like this

Way to go Michelle!  You're off to a great start!

Michelle L likes this

you doing great. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next update.

Michelle L likes this

Congrats Michelle! Thanks for checking in! So good to see that you faced your fears and have come out on the other side and are on your way. Very inspiring :)

Res Ipsa likes this