Bigfuzzy

dry skin & brittle nails

6 posts in this topic

had someone tell me that taking biotin, vitamin e & vitamin c in addition to the vitamins that I take now may help with both.

do you have any thoughts? do any of you do this? I have always had dry skin even before surgery. I can use hand lotion

twice a day & still be dry. usually if they get to the stage of fingers being cracked I will use chap stick on the cracked part.

thanks

I'm sorry you're dealing with excessively dry skin - I've dealt with that all my life.

I ingest biotin and occasionally add extra vitamin C during the winter months but use Trader Joe's Vitamin E Oil on my skin, hands and nails constantly (I couldn't live without the stuff).

Coromega Omega-3 Fish Oil is part of my pill popping regime and that's excellent for hair, skin and nails.  And I also make a point of including good oils in my diet, nuts, almonds, fish, EVOO on my salad and green veg.

Apart from using gloves for washing dishes and general cleaning, I always apply hand cream when my hands have been in water and O'Keefe's Working Hands Hand Cream is my go-to when my hands are particularly sore and dry (which is pretty frequent in the PNW).

I've had split nails for the past several months as well. Will try some of these remedies in addition to the C I'm already taking.

I take both Biotin and Vitamin D3 to help with nails and dry skin.

I also use No-Crack Lemon hand cream (Duluth Trading Co carries it) and a local Goat's Milk Lotion (Vanilla Musk - smells great) both absorb quickly.

I'll pick up some Vitamin E for winter though.

thanks

how long should I give it to see if it works

i have been taking bioten for 3_4 years now it helps my nails a lot. My hair has always been thin but with the bioten it will grow long just not thick.