After 6 months I am so excited...and scared!

December 27!

Edited by ValerieKGorman

Did you decide VSG?

5 minutes ago, Clickin said:

Did you decide VSG?

I requested RNY to help with my sweet tooth but the surgeon recommended sleeve even still so I'm going to trust his judgement and go with his recommendation. 

5 minutes ago, ValerieKGorman said:

I requested RNY to help with my sweet tooth but the surgeon recommended sleeve even still so I'm going to trust his judgement and go with his recommendation. 

I think we all react differently to foods afterwards and it doesn't seem to be predictable from what I read here. That said, if your surgeon wants to go with RNY, my gut tells me to listen, though I'm a techie and would want to know why.

4 minutes ago, tmcgee said:

I think we all react differently to foods afterwards and it doesn't seem to be predictable from what I read here. That said, if your surgeon wants to go with RNY, my gut tells me to listen, though I'm a techie and would want to know why.

Actually I wanted RNY he recommended sleeve...but your point is the same nonetheless. :)

how exciting!!!!! it will be here before you know it! i had a terrible, terrible sweet tooth that has been seriously tamed so far with my sleeve. I hope the same for you!

1 hour ago, bellamoma said:

how exciting!!!!! it will be here before you know it! i had a terrible, terrible sweet tooth that has been seriously tamed so far with my sleeve. I hope the same for you!

I hope so too!

6 hours ago, ValerieKGorman said:

Actually I wanted RNY he recommended sleeve...but your point is the same nonetheless. :)

I meant to type VSG. I was wavering up until a week before surgery. I did speak to my surgeon at that time and he told me that while RNY was historically more common, VSG was nearly the same percentage in 2013. Good luck, Valerie, there are amazing success stories here about both procedures.