kayls814

Stuck

15 posts in this topic

My weight has not changed since September 24th... that was 3.5 months out. Is my weigh loss done? I knew stalls happened but I'm on the verge of a breakdown.. :(

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

Stay with the plan. I stalled for 2 years, and stuck with it, another 35 pounds came off.

Griggs2alr likes this

What does calories, carbs, protein look like?  Are you getting liquids in?  Have you talked to your NUT?

Yes I've talked to my NUT. I try for 500-600 calories. Still 60-80g of protein and fluids at least 64oz a day. As for carbs I don't know. I don't count them because my NUt wasn't really worried about them. Probably get the most from yogurt

Hang in there.  The weight loss will come. 

Griggs2alr likes this

Do you exercise?  Maybe up your carbs sometimes that helps. Can you give us exactly what you eat in a day. When I stall I will change things up a lil. Either from what Im eating or exercise. 

I doubt your weight loss is done. Stalls are the worst. They can really mess with your head. You can do the 5 day pouch test to get your head back into the game. It's no joke, but it may help shake things up and make you feel better emotionally (well, after the first 3 days of hangry subside). I've done it twice since my weight loss slowed down ( i was very close to goal). It helped me lose 3 more pounds and mentally, helped me refocus. 

5daypouchtest.com

Res Ipsa likes this

Stalls suck but it's definitely part of our journey. I am in a stall also but I know in due time. Stay focused. We got this.

Carbs are very important - but as in limiting them.  I keep mine under 50 and if I go over that I make sure that I under 50 for at least two days in a row.

On 11/4/2016 at 4:08 PM, kayls814 said:

My weight has not changed since September 24th... that was 3.5 months out. Is my weigh loss done? I knew stalls happened but I'm on the verge of a breakdown.. :(

I'm right there with you, sister! I'm 5 months out, and weight loss has stalled at two and three week intervals, then gone slooooowly. I'm doing the three day pouch reset- nothing but liguids for three days-to see if that helps.

Edited by Kimchan

I am sorry that some of you are in weight loss stalls. They really are a bummer, but sadly they are common after weight loss surgery (especially with the sleeve).  Stick with the diet and you eventually will get to your goal weight!

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

On 12/10/2016 at 0:14 PM, Kimchan said:

I'm right there with you, sister! I'm 5 months out, and weight loss has stalled at two and three week intervals, then gone slooooowly. I'm doing the three day pouch reset- nothing but liguids for three days-to see if that helps.

Kimchan, did you do the reset? Did it help?!

I know carbs are already a problem for me, they sneak up on you quick!! I know inches are leaving my body but man, I NEED to see those numbers drop on the scale! My wedding and engagement ring no longer fit as my hands have started to thin and I've already had it re-sized once. I am the same weight as I was November 5th when  I wrote this post!!

I saw my nutritionist for my 6 month follow up this morning. I told her all the bad things I had done, like eating a slice of pizza!! ( I know, I know) but in the scheme of things I may not be eating enough. I often snack on yogurt, nuts, protein shakes or protein bar, jerky etc. I have one meal a day and that's for dinner. Usually a protein whether it be chicken, fish, turkey kielbasa and some veggies, like maybe 1/4 a cup. My nutritionist told me to be a human for the holidays and not beat myself up (still watch what I eat). My exercise NEEDS to increase I went from running around working with children all day to a desk job where the only movement I get is from my yoga ball I sit on or getting up to re-fill water or use the bathroom. My entire adult life I've never been smaller than my current weight. That's what really has me down about this stall. 

I am going to start planning and sticking to it! Maybe on the 26th I'll lay in bed all day and pretend to be recovering from surgery trick my brain into thinking I just got sleeved! 

Thanks for all the advice everybody! And Happy Holidays!!! 

Res Ipsa and ShrinkingViolet2 like this

7 hours ago, kayls814 said:

Kimchan, did you do the reset? Did it help?!

I know carbs are already a problem for me, they sneak up on you quick!! I know inches are leaving my body but man, I NEED to see those numbers drop on the scale! My wedding and engagement ring no longer fit as my hands have started to thin and I've already had it re-sized once. I am the same weight as I was November 5th when  I wrote this post!!

I saw my nutritionist for my 6 month follow up this morning. I told her all the bad things I had done, like eating a slice of pizza!! ( I know, I know) but in the scheme of things I may not be eating enough. I often snack on yogurt, nuts, protein shakes or protein bar, jerky etc. I have one meal a day and that's for dinner. Usually a protein whether it be chicken, fish, turkey kielbasa and some veggies, like maybe 1/4 a cup. My nutritionist told me to be a human for the holidays and not beat myself up (still watch what I eat). My exercise NEEDS to increase I went from running around working with children all day to a desk job where the only movement I get is from my yoga ball I sit on or getting up to re-fill water or use the bathroom. My entire adult life I've never been smaller than my current weight. That's what really has me down about this stall. 

I am going to start planning and sticking to it! Maybe on the 26th I'll lay in bed all day and pretend to be recovering from surgery trick my brain into thinking I just got sleeved! 

Thanks for all the advice everybody! And Happy Holidays!!! 

I'm so confused as to what my problem is. I did a partial "reset" and nada. I don't know if I'm getting enough calories or what. I suspect part of the problem may be my liquid intake. I started getting lazy and waited almost to the end of the day to binge drink. Then I stopped drinking mostly water and turned to vitamin water. So I'm gonna try water throughout the entire day again. Also I suspect I'm not moving on average as much as I had been. I left my Apple watch charger at my parents' house a month ago and subsequently haven't been able to track my steps. 

And yes, I've cheated. One or two pieces of chocolate here and there and pub mix laid out over the holidays...well, I'm sure that's not helping. I'm still staying under 800 calories, I'm sure...

I guess I've just got to get my butt moving more, drink water ALL day long, and stop the cheats.  So I don't have any answers for you. I'm puzzled too because I barely eat. At least that's the way it feels.

I will say that although the scale doesn't seem to be budging, my clothes fit better and I just purchased a size smaller pair of sized 12 jeans (haven't been there since college). I always thought the losing inches thing was a ruse people overstated to make themselves feel better about lack of progress; however, I'm wondering now if the body does go through some weird machinations that results in non-numeric weight loss? Idk. Totally confused but I still feel like I'm making SOME progress in a strange way.

Good luck in your journey to break your stall. Keep me posted. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Kimchan

Stall officially broken. Sent you a message @kayls814.

Res Ipsa likes this

I got it girl!!! Mine too! 

I honestly didn't change much, more protein if anything. And I got my head back in the game!

Res Ipsa likes this