Bob J

1st Post Op Doctor Visit.

9 posts in this topic

Today was the first visit.  Everything looks good. Going from liquid diet to puree diet.

start weight at time of pre liquid diet --- 467 pounds.  

Current weight 39 days after start of diet ---- 417 pounds

50 pounds weight loss.

puree food not settling well.  I waited 30 minutes after before drinking. May need an hour.

Edited by Bob J
Karimeaway, bcd, LeeC and 5 others like this

Good to hear that your first post-op visit went well Bob and congratulations - 50lb down in 39 days is outstanding.

Don't worry too much about your pureed diet not sitting too well - we don't all come out of the gate running .... one day at a time - that's all you have to get through.

BigVegan and Bob J like this

Fantastic progress Bob, congrats, great job!!!

Wow Bob that is great progress! I'm really glad to hear your appointment went well. Try not to worry. Keep doing what you're doing, remember to eat really slowly and take tiny bites, and your new stomach will adjust.

Congratulations on your early success. The idea of waiting an hour after eating before drinking makes sense. As you heal, and the swelling goes away and your anatomy relaxes into it's new form, everything will get easier.

Nice Job Bob!

I'm jealous! I was down 10 pounds.  That is amazing.  I tried eggs first and they were a no go.  I'm trying different things. Today was chicken and broth and it was way easier.

Kari,

Don't forget we have had different surgeries. 

I have tried ham, shrimp, cottage cheese, string cheese, banana, sugar Free pears and a V-8 juice and skim milk. I'm taking it slow and doing ok.  The problem I am having is liquids.  

I now hate the taste of water. Cold, warm, flavored. I have tried sugar free mixes, true orange and lemon. Crystal light, Mio, Dasani. I tried soup broth too.

i struggle to get 36 ounces down and I know I suppose to have double that.    Don't know what to do.

Hi Bob, how are you doing?