Minfit

Not as much fun as I had hoped!!

14 posts in this topic

i really needed to get a few outfits to wear. I didn't have a lot of backup  clothes from years past so now I have 1 dress for church, 2 pair of dress pants and 1 pair of jeans that fit and 3 pair I can wear but they are baggie. So this week my birthday weekend and I wanted to get out and look and try to fine s few more pieces. 

It was not easy and sure not fun, don't won't to spend much money this is my first clothed buying since surgery and still I am in between size or style! I see something I like I wont get it because it cost more that I want to pay for me just starting out. I have came from some 24,22,20,18 and now 18 is to big but a 16 feels so tight! Shirts are a problem also 1x to big ,XL to tight. 

So I gave up and got all fleece jogging sets. I am not ready for all the mental work that is going to go into this. I went to Goodwill ,  so much looking to find a size. So I was disappointed in my first trip. I know the pretty clothes will come later right now cheap wins

You're so right, it does get ever so much more fun!  Hang in there, enjoying clothes and how you feel in them will change as your shape changes.  I would recommend purchasing at least one outfit that makes you feel awesome because you deserve to feel awesome!

bellamoma, Minfit and tmcgee like this

Comb clearance racks; Kohl's, target, Walmart and Maurice's are my favorites..

Zen_Steph, Minfit and bellamoma like this

i agree, comb the clearance racks! nothing like popping tags to make you feel good! you can also get things online- just click on their clearance or sale section. you can get some good deals there too! good luck! 

Minfit likes this

19 hours ago, msmarymac said:

You're so right, it does get ever so much more fun!  Hang in there, enjoying clothes and how you feel in them will change as your shape changes.  I would recommend purchasing at least one outfit that makes you feel awesome because you deserve to feel awesome!

That's a great ideal!!! Thank you 

msmarymac and Eric James like this

Another suggestion. Sizes 16 and 18 span Misses and Women's sizes. I've never been "hippy," so I went into Misses sizes as quickly as I could. You may find that the straighter cut of Misses fits better.

Minfit and Eric James like this

It will get better, I promise. I started at a 22 and could "shop my closet" down to 16 give or take. I dropped to an 18 pretty quickly and my shirts got big and baggy real fast. I'm a year + out and I still shop at thrift stores. I am trying to think of the last time I bought new, full priced clothing and it was way before surgery. I'm still dropping sizes....weight is around 140 x last few months but I've gone from a 10 to a 6 in that time frame. Just bought 6's two weeks ago. From a 22. Yeah.

It will get better. It will get more fun. As you lose, your proportions will change. My boobs went WAY down. WAAAAY. The idea of me fitting in a size M shirt was the most ridiculously laughable thing ever, and yet here I am, in a M shirt and not looking like it was painted on.

Shopping finally got "fun" when I was in L shirts and sz 14's and 12's Much more variety, I found. 

Go to different thrift stores. Find some in "upscale" parts of town - you'll find clothes in better conditions and better, more longer lasting brands. I got a pair of $160 jeans for $4 at goodwill the other day. $160 jeans. Rofl.

Try not to get discouraged. I found it discouraging before surgery that the choices in the size 20+ range were so limited, and didn't have any accomodations for different body sizes -- if your'e a size 20, you're just big all over. At least now you'll soon be able to buy things that fit your hips and your waist, your boobs and your thighs, etc. Clothing will fit you better.

NOw I can go into the store and buy a size 6 pant and a size M shirt and I don't even have to try it on. It will fit. 

Minfit likes this

11 hours ago, heddi said:

Go to different thrift stores. Find some in "upscale" parts of town - you'll find clothes in better conditions and better, more longer lasting brands. I got a pair of $160 jeans for $4 at goodwill the other day. $160 jeans. Rofl.

So true!!  I bought a pair of designer white pants at a consignment store on clearance for $7 marked down from I think $18 that had the original tags on them. It read $795!!! Seriously??? They're freaking regular white pants!! I have to say I feel like a movie star wearing them lol!!!

Minfit likes this

thanks ladies, I went to Walmarts and got 3 pair of stretch pants for right now. Yes, I have already lost a lot of my boobs at just 2 1/2 months, but I went by good will and just decided to try on some jeans and I found 2 pair that looked brand new an they were 16 s. So that made me feel real good I know as I loose more, the selection will get better. I need some new bras and I am not looking forward to that. 

Cheesehead likes this

50 minutes ago, Minfit said:

thanks ladies, I went to Walmarts and got 3 pair of stretch pants for right now. Yes, I have already lost a lot of my boobs at just 2 1/2 months, but I went by good will and just decided to try on some jeans and I found 2 pair that looked brand new an they were 16 s. So that made me feel real good I know as I loose more, the selection will get better. I need some new bras and I am not looking forward to that. 

I actually like shopping for bras now.  I was 48d now in 36 b or c.  I love Victoria secret bras and shop their twice a year clearance sales!!  I have every color now!, instead of the limited white, or tan:). My boobs disappeared first, they were really saggy but tightened up.  Shopping does get to be fun!  I used to live in tshirts, now I only wear them for nightshirts (my old xxl shirts). I've got a Christmas sweatshirt on tonight that I got on clearance for $2.40 at kohls...got a pair of silver jeans for $12. This past weekend on clearance...I used to go to Walmart when I need jeans and buy the same style and as many as they had in my size:). Sizing varies for me-some things I take a small and some a medium.  Jeans are a 1/2 or a 3/4.  Silvers are a 26.  I was a 22 or 24. I didn't go shopping til I hit a 16 I just wore a belt.  Our goodwills aren't organized very well and I don't have patience to dig for my size..

Minfit likes this

thanks, I hope my boobs tighten up because right now with no bra, they go to my knees!! Not really but they are pitiful. I know what you mean about Goodwill, when I go It takes me half a day to find something that looks nice and in my size

Cheesehead likes this

On 11/18/2016 at 7:52 PM, Minfit said:

thanks, I hope my boobs tighten up because right now with no bra, they go to my knees!! Not really but they are pitiful. I know what you mean about Goodwill, when I go It takes me half a day to find something that looks nice and in my size

That's why I hit clearance racks, at least things are pretty much grouped according to size.  Often there are additional clearance or coupons off clearance prices;). 

It took a while.  For a while the girls looked like 2 tennis balls in tube socks;)

Edited by Cheesehead

One of the things Im really looking forward to when I lose weight is having more variety to shop from at goodwill. Thats my departments store and there is soooo little to chose from in my size. 

Edited by ValerieKGorman
Minfit likes this

so true!!! It was really hard the first time I went in and wasn't sure of my size I had to try on clothes from plus size and ladies. Usually, plus size don't have small plus on large. Right now I am in 16w and it took me 3 hrs to find 2 pair and they were in the misses.