Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HCUK

pre op diet

13 posts in this topic

started my pre op diet today (10days) milk and yogurt diet.  not too bad but i have an awful headache.  anyone else get a headache on pre op diet

Congrats on starting your pre-op diet.  Headaches can happen due to the drastic dietary change.  It should go away soon, but if it doesn't make sure to take something or call your doctor if it gets too bad.

headache not as bad today, but man do i have a foul temper today :( 

Glad the headache got better. Foul mood might take longer.  You said you can have milk and yogurt on your pre-op diet.  Anything else?  Only 8 more days to go. You can do it.

milk yogurt and sugar free jelly.  not long now though :) 

I have the same surgery date as you, and this liver shrink diet hasn't been any fun, but we can do this. It's going to change our lives for the better.

i am determined to stick to it no matter what.  so cool we have the same surgery date x

Make sure to drink plenty of good old water, it will help with the headaches as well.  Good luck on your journey!!

HCUK likes this

The pre-op diet phase stinks, but it's temporary and necessary. You will be so very glad you did this for yourself.  Hang in there, the 8th will be here before you know it!

HCUK likes this

still hanging in there, headache went away but is now back, :( roll on the 8th

HCUK, I am glad to know I am not alone in having a foul temper.  I think if a marriage survives the liquid diet than anything is possible. lol  My family has learned to keep a close eye on me after 6pm.  I am fine during the work day but look out once evening comes.

Michelle L and HCUK like this

I am on my pre-surgery diet now.  I have one week and one day left until surgery.  I can do this!!  I can have yogurt, sugar-free pudding, sugar free Popsicle, broth, and I am now taking protein shakes three times a day. The headaches are a killer but I know that it will all be worth it in the end.  

I hope you are feeling better now that it has almost been a month since surgery!  

So happy for all of you guy.

I'm all new to this website, today is my first day here ...and I will be soon approaching my liquid diet on 2/20/17...

Edited by Melo32
Res Ipsa likes this