AngelStorm

5 yrs after gastric bypass

8 posts in this topic

I'm having terrible trouble with constipation. So much so that I can't recall when I went last (I know I should keep a calendar). When I do go it is dry, hard, and huge...to the point of sweating to eventually passing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Lots of us have this problem, do a search on "poop" -- many many threads and suggested remedies.

Many of us have struggled with constipation...ask Gaviv, she has gone through quite a bit.  I have gotten mine under control by taking probiotics and fiber daily.  Even with that I still get some bouts that I need to address with a laxative.  Are you taking a laxative?

It took me 3 years to get normal.  I was taking 2 stool softeners, 2 probiotics and 2 chewable fiber.  If that didn't work I took MOM.  Some swear by smooth move tea...

I deal with it by increasing my liquids and by having a greek yoghurt at least once a day.

colace to soften

Miralax taken daily

daily fiber gummies.

lots of water 

No poop can also be a symptom of bowel obstruction. If you have pain in your belly, please go to the ER or call your doctor.

I do the above routine daily. Before I got into a routine, I was pooping rabbit pellets.

i also eat an apple a day with the skin on. I usually dip each slice into a Greek yogurt. Yummy.

Edited by Spunkycat
Raeme likes this

I take multiples of ex lax every night. Works 95% of the time. Too many bad experiences to not be proactive about it. 

PapaG likes this

I'm another Miralax (or generic polyethylene glycol 3350) fan.