lcoughlin

Band revision to sleeve

3 posts in this topic

I have an appointment Wednesday to see if I can get a revision to the sleeve.  I am paying cash since insurance won't cover it.  I was wondering if I will have to go through all the testing again if I am paying cash.  I really don't want to wait another 6 months to have surgery.  Also, did anyone have any complications from the revision?  Any regrets?  Were you finally able to lose the weight?  

I am so interested t hear the results of others here. I had my band placed in 2007. At my highest I was 290. I lost 95 pounds, but then the band (and I ) failed. I threw up almost daily for 6 years, removed all the fluid from the band (still vomited regularly), regained about 60 pounds, and finally had a revision to the sleeve on 7/11/17. 

I am losing "slowly" compared to others who have had just the sleeve. But I am down 25 pounds since the beginning of July. I'm glad that I had the revision. I feel so much better than I have in years. I am also glad they did the upper GI and the scope so they knew what they were dealing with before they went in. I had a hiatal hernia, lots of scar tissue, and some herniation around the band. 

I am am scared that I will mess this up, since it is my last shot at this. Wishing you the best as you continue on this journey. Let me know how it went!

tmcgee likes this

Stay with it, it works!