Minfit

,1st dumping

7 posts in this topic

Over my 52 years of life I have had many of surgeries, 11 to be exact. Pain is no stranger to me but for some reason I can not get a handle on this.  It has been 5 days since GBP, I have walked took my pain meds drank water, and broth and nothing works. I can't get rid of the gas, I am sooooooo hungry I am weak and tired. 

For some reason I thought I was going to be able to drink protein shakes and thought with all my past history with pain and surgery I had this. Not so!!! There is no relief. I am sorry if I am being a baby but I hate the fact I had WLS!! 

I called a dear friend of mine who is 2 months out from her GBP and she was no help. She told me she was so hungry she would eat watered down oatmeal, 3 days after, watered down mashed potatoes.. I don't want to cheat I want some encouragement and help!! Please someone tell me it want be much longer before I feel better.

had my first dumping at 5 weeks and it was not fun. Thing is, I had the same food for lunch as dinner but it made me feel like I was dying. 

BBQ chicken I cooked and then cut up and boiled, I watered down the sauce, Brussel sprouts cooked til soft. Lunch time was really good around 2 and dinner was at 7. 

i couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk, sweating.  When I finally threw up I got some relief. Wonder why it bothered me the second time

Relax.  It is going to be fine.  It gets much much better.  Hang in there.  Your ability to eat will get better.  Do not cheat on what to eat, as you may hurt your little stomach.  Dumping early on is normal for many of us, but with time your body will settle down and only dump if you eat the wrong foods for you (which for me is ice cream).  Be sure to take your vitamins and drink lots of liquids - and enjoy seeing your scale show rapid weight loss.

Minfit and tmcgee like this

Thanks

Res Ipsa likes this

It does get better, it really does.  Stick with the plan.  Call your bariatric about the pain and the gas and keep walking.  I was prescribed liquid Tylenol for pain.  You might want to check out Atkins Lift, it's a more watery type of protein drink and comes in 3 flavors, has 20 grams protein, 1 carb and is 16.9 fluid ounces.  Out west I can get them at Fred Meyer but the Atkins site can tell you where they are where you live.  Hang in there.

With the dumping, it's a good idea to figure out what did it. How much sugar was in the BBQ sauce you used? I'm willing to wager that might have been the cause.

Hang in there, it does get better.

Minfit likes this

I didn't dump until the 3 year mile marker. It was the first warm day of the early spring and I bought orange sherbet. I should have stopped at half of the cup, it just tasted too good. Haven't dumped before or since and will not make that mistake again.

Minfit likes this