Raeme

Implant decisions

5 posts in this topic

So I know the surgeon is the expert but I'm wondering about what others have chosen and what your thoughts are?

Over the muscle?

Under the muscle?

Shaped gummy type?

Round silicone? ( I already know saline isn't a good option for me because there is very little tissue)  

Did you wear the size for a few weeks to see how you felt?

Can you go braless? Do you?

How did you pick the implant size?

Are you happy with the size you chose?

Do you feel heavier?

Would you do anything different?

If you had a lift too what kind of scar do you have?

Do they feel real? Weird?

Bother you when exercising?

Sensitivity issues?

Anyhing else I should be thinking about??

sprocket and Stephtay like this

Here is what I did. I didn't want to look like I have implants so I went the conservative route.

Under the muscle? yes

Shaped gummy type? yes

Did you wear the size for a few weeks to see how you felt? no

Can you go braless? Do you? I do at home but I don't in public. 

How did you pick the implant size? I wanted to stay the size I was pre plastics. My surgeon strongly encouraged me to go bigger. He said I would regret not going bigger but I don't regret it at all. I'm very happy with my breasts.

Are you happy with the size you chose? YES!

Do you feel heavier? NO!

Would you do anything different? NO!

If you had a lift too what kind of scar do you have? At nearly 2 years out from plastics you can barely see my scars.

Do they feel real? Completely real. 

Bother you when exercising? Never.

Sensitivity issues? None.

Anyhing else I should be thinking about?? Don't over think it. ;)

WendyH, Raeme and Lori88 like this

Over the muscle? No

Under the muscle? Yes. Hurts more apparently but its the recommended way.

Shaped gummy type? No

Round silicone? ( I already know saline isn't a good option for me because there is very little tissue)  Yes

Did you wear the size for a few weeks to see how you felt? No. Spent a few hours at surgeon's office deciding on size

Can you go braless? Do you? Can, but it's not my thing. Did once or twice with a strapless dress

How did you pick the implant size? Spent a few hours at surgeon's office deciding on size. I wanted them to look natural and fit with my new body size. My surgeon cautioned that many people wish they had gone bigger, rather than smaller. I thought they were too big right after surgery, but they "settle" and I am thrilled. Ended up going with either 375 or 390cc (can't remember).

Are you happy with the size you chose? Very

Do you feel heavier? Initially with all the swelling, now no

Would you do anything different? Nope

If you had a lift too what kind of scar do you have? 

Do they feel real? Weird? It takes a little adjustment. I think they look really natural, and my husband is quite happy too :) 

Bother you when exercising?

Sensitivity issues? It's been almost 3 years and I still have areas of numbness, which my surgeon said may never completely go away. 

Anyhing else I should be thinking about??

Lori88, Raeme, Clickin and 1 other like this

6 hours ago, GAviv said:

How did you pick the implant size? Spent a few hours at surgeon's office deciding on size. I wanted them to look natural and fit with my new body size. My surgeon cautioned that many people wish they had gone bigger, rather than smaller. I thought they were too big right after surgery, but they "settle" and I am thrilled. Ended up going with either 375 or 390cc (can't remember).

I think most women who get implants have never had big breasts. Or, have big ones but want them bigger. Which is why so many of them wish they'd gone bigger after getting their new ones.

I told my surgeon, I had big breasts for years. I know what that is like. Like Greer, I wanted my new ones to fit my frame. Trust your gut on this. Don't let them talk you into going bigger. 

Raeme and athenarose like this

My appointment is scheduled for next week on Thursday.  Any suggestions on questions I need to ask?

GAviv likes this