bananaboat1230

Diet Change

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys! So i had my first appointment today and the doctor talked about a low carb/high fat diet. I was just wondering if yall have any go to recipes or stuff that's quick to make. They said Atkins could work. I would love to know what everyone does for their food :) 

Thanks!

Look into "ketogenic diet" -- I wouldn't eat high fat, it has far more to do with lowering carbs and sugar. He wants to get you into ketosis. They've been lying to us for years about fat, though it's not the real villain at all.  :rolleyes:

Edited by tmcgee
bananaboat1230 likes this

Eggface.com has excellent bariatric recipes and ideas.

bananaboat1230 likes this

It's not necessarily a high fat diet, it's just that you don't have to pay any attention to how much fat an item of food has!! Many of the popular low carb food items (such as all meats, cheeses, heavy cream, eggs) are usually thought of as high in fat. But most items of food that are advertised as "low fat" have added some form of carbs to compensate for the loss of taste from reducing the fat. The primary food items that you want to minimize on a low carb diet are sugar, corn fructose, potatoes, pasta, rice, most grains including breads and fruit.

Here is a great resource for low carb diets.

https://www.verywell.com/low-carb-diets-4014695

tmcgee and bananaboat1230 like this

I know potatoes are often considered high carb and some varieties are, and they are complex carbs (the good kind). Some varieties contain several grams of protein. 

https://www.potatogoodness.com/potatoes/potato-nutrition-z/