Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minfit

One month today

3 posts in this topic

it has not been a easy month as most of you know. We can read and prepare ourselves but until it is our turn you really can't prepare for surgery and so many changes and emotions. It's still hard to me, most people don't get hungry well I do. I will start shaking and getting sick because I haven't ate, then I do eat it's a couple of bites of something I don't want, I drink until I am floating. It has been a big learning experiences. Trying to do better and get on a schedule and eat before I feel sick, but has anyone just don't want anything. It all taste the same, going out to eat, no such thing for us I will take a bite of my husband's but most time we don't like the same thing. 

so, am I sorry I had the surgery NO! It is a learning game and it takes time. I still don't trust myself around sweets I haven't ate any but I wonder can I be strong enough to stay away. 

So, I have lost 24lbs , 10 lbs before surgery that's ,34lbs. I have lost a lot of inches clothed I was wearing the week before surgery, 22 are falling off, 20 are very loss hanging on and an 18 still a bite to uncomfortable so that's a big change for one month. Finally am getting stronger i do have more energy and my knees don't hurt anymore. 

bellamoma, LeeC and Cheesehead like this

Minfit,

The early days post-op aren't always easy but it sounds as if you've got your head in the game and your 24lb loss since surgery a month ago is excellent.

Minfit likes this

it really is hard getting used to the new normal. the immediate post op phase stinks, if i'm honest.  everything you described, i felt it too.  it really does settle down. then the joy of seeing your smaller self takes over. at least it did for me.  i started to feel like myself again.  it made all of the hard work and sacrifice worth it.  

as far as sweets go, I don't touch them anymore, haven't since December.  i consider myself detoxed from sweets and don't plan on eating them anymore.  i'm not someone who can have just a bite of a donut or a cannoli.   there are many on here who can indulge occasionally (after reaching goal).  you just have to figure out what will work best for you.  

Minfit and LeeC like this