Amber76bailey

Well I did it......

34 posts in this topic

Friday September 30th I had about 7 hrs of plastic surgery. Breast lift, new implants, brachioplasty and interior thigh lift..... I made it though and am at home recovering. I definitely married the right man for this Journey, he has been nothing but supportive this last year with a 140 pound weight loss and 3 loans worth of plastic surgery. I believe I did better this go around with plastic surgery  (had plastic surgery in thr past) because he was such a great nurse.... I truly believe a big part of smooth healing at home Is the care you're getting from family /friends. That's all I have for now.... still very drugged up :-) I love dilaudid. 

Stephtay, athenarose, LeeC and 7 others like this

Congratulations Amber - can't wait to see the end results when you're healed.

Congrats! Let us know how you are doing. Enjoy the dilaudid!

kisten1210 likes this

Thanks guys! as the pain decreases the more excited I'm getting! 

Alexa21 likes this

This is the only pic I have since I'm alone lol hubby went back to work last night out of town until Thursday. ..... we took before pics at the clinic right before surgery, got drains out yesterday yay!! All 4..... so when he gets back I'll take after photos at 1 week out then 2 weeks out at post op appointment and so on. 

2016-10-03 10.39.06.jpg

Alexa21 likes this

Congratulations! Excited for you!

Amber76bailey likes this

5 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

Congratulations! Excited for you!

Thank you steph! 

seeing this now.  yay!!!

Amber76bailey likes this

Congratulations and speedy recovery! Kudos to your hubby!

Amber76bailey likes this

4 hours ago, My Bariatric Life said:

Congratulations and speedy recovery! Kudos to your hubby!

Thank you!  Feeling better each day. 

My Bariatric Life likes this

I've been meaning to check in and tell you congratulations!  I can wait to see the before and after photos! 

Amber76bailey likes this

8 hours ago, Dunndeal said:

I've been meaning to check in and tell you congratulations!  I can wait to see the before and after photos! 

Thank you :wub:

Congrats!!  I think it takes guts to take the next step. I hope you post your pre and post op!!

Amber76bailey likes this

I'm healing well, my breast are looking fabulous! Can't stop peaking at them. I feel like an 18 year old model. I personally like my implants more "fake" then natural. I think because thr first time he set them too low and I ended up with the "double bubble " Google it. First time I felt I have droopy breast tissue on the bottom. This time I told doc I wanted to be able to see the under part of the breast you know the pretty half moon? Where you don't need to lift them up to see the underneath?? Make sense? Anyway I love them and my arms my arms! They are tinny and I hsve nice shoulder shape. I recommend if you are doing the breasts and are gonna be put under misewell get your bat wings done! It puts everything together nicely,of course if you don't have bad loose skin on the arms why would you? Lol  As for the thighs??? Ouch.... that's been quite the healing process. .... not complaining but I did have a complication.... got a bacteria infection so some of my incision sites started to open up badly pretty deep I was scared to death! But after about 4 days of antibiotics I'm healing just fine. Well that's my updates for now. Pics coming as soon as I'm out of these stupid ace wraps....

tmcgee, Dunndeal and Ruby-red like this

Quite happy for you, Amber. No plastics here, though what's not to love about being down 155 pounds and having women in their 20's having an old geezer like me appreciative of my attention. Neither one of us has any illusions, it was just that I was invisible for so many years. Loving it!

Dunndeal, Amber76bailey and Clickin like this

Posted (edited)

Well guys its been 5 months and things are starting to really improve. I took (well the husband) pictures the morning of surgery but they are so graphic I'm trying to figure out a way to edit them in a way that I put stickers  on certain body parts so I'm working on that and along with my after pictures which will probably just be in bikini to see the before and after difference. I'm just not feeling  ready to post them but I guess that's what this thread is all about so I will be working on getting those uploaded soon. Part 2 of my surgery is scheduled for April 14th so just little over a month and that will be the post lateral butt lift which also deals with the outer thigh muscles and gives those muscles more tightening and stability which is  a perk I did not realize that was part of this surgery. For people who are new to this, part one was breast lift with implants I had twelve-year-old implants that rippled and I had What's called the "double bubble" effect from regaining and losing weight,then a revision on my brachioplasty (bat wings back of the arms) and  what I guess some would call  side boob, basically another incision from under the breast to about halfway across the ribs just right under where your bra strap lies and final! a inner thigh lift which I explained in another thread that he had to not only tighten lifting upwards but also in,  which left me with two incisions one that wraps around from the bikini line to about half way behind my buttocks then growing down to 6 inches above the knee which I was very pleased with, he originally thought he would have to go all the way to the knee or even past the knee It looks really good on that area, actually you cannot see any scares at all it's a very very fine line and I'm only again 5 months out so it's just getting better and better. The reason I plan these in 2 steps was having multiple surgeries on the front, he would not be able to turn me over and do anything on the back area. I pre paid for all of the surgeries up front and would come back anywhere from four to six months to do Part 2 so that is what I am getting prepared for now! 

0307171041.jpg

0307171041a.jpg

Edited by Amber76bailey
Add pics
michelleann31, tmcgee, Raeme and 1 other like this

0307171035.jpg

0307171035a.jpg

0307171036.jpg

0307171036b.jpg

0307171036c.jpg

tmcgee, Clickin, Raeme and 3 others like this

9 minutes ago, Amber76bailey said:

Well guys its been 5 months and things are starting to really improve. I took (well the husband) pictures the morning of surgery but they are so graphic I'm trying to figure out a way to edit them in a way that I put stickers  on certain body parts so I'm working on that and along with my after pictures which will probably just be in bikini to see the before and after difference. I'm just not feeling  ready to post them but I guess that's what this thread is all about so I will be working on getting those uploaded soon. Part 2 of my surgery is scheduled for April 14th so just little over a month and that will be the post lateral butt lift which also deals with the outer thigh muscles and gives those muscles more tightening and stability which is  a perk I did not realize that was part of this surgery. For people who are new to this, part one was breast lift with implants I had twelve-year-old implants that rippled and I had What's called the "double bubble" effect from regaining and losing weight,then a revision on my brachioplasty (bat wings back of the arms) and  what I guess some would call  side boob, basically another incision from under the breast to about halfway across the ribs just right under where your bra strap lies and final! a inner thigh lift which I explained in another thread that he had to not only tighten lifting upwards but also in,  which left me with two incisions one that wraps around from the bikini line to about half way behind my buttocks then growing down to 6 inches above the knee which I was very pleased with, he originally thought he would have to go all the way to the knee or even past the knee It looks really good on that area, actually you cannot see any scares at all it's a very very fine line and I'm only again 5 months out so it's just getting better and better. The reason I plan these in 2 steps was having multiple surgeries on the front, he would not be able to turn me over and do anything on the back area. I pre paid for all of the surgeries up front and would come back anywhere from four to six months to do Part 2 so that is what I am getting prepared for now! 

0307171041.jpg

0307171041a.jpg

The point of this photo is to show the only issue I had with the inter thigh lift is this collection of fluid..... No reason to why if happens and my surgeon says it WILL go away with time.... I have it drained once a week but it still makes me feel self-conscious. If you zoom in you can see right above the "bump" my leg kinda divots in or looks wavy?? I thinks its just an illusion because when he does drain it and it flattens the bump out you don't really see that did it. Hopefully one day soon it'll go away on its own and I'll have two identical looking legs lol. Well that's it folks that's as much as I'm willing to share at this time! 

Clickin likes this

You look great! Congratulations!

Thank you Steph!

You look awesome!!

6 hours ago, CTGirl74 said:

You look awesome!!

Oh thank you so much. I'm feeling funny these days..... Even working out. I seem to see something most tell me is not there. Large arms, big thighs etc.... Even after all the plastic surgery I don't know what's wrong with me, I guess ill never be happy.....

On 3/10/2017 at 2:32 PM, Amber76bailey said:

Oh thank you so much. I'm feeling funny these days..... Even working out. I seem to see something most tell me is not there. Large arms, big thighs etc.... Even after all the plastic surgery I don't know what's wrong with me, I guess ill never be happy.....

I think you look great and I don't think anyone but you sees your perceived imperfections. True with all of us, yes?

I just had the tummy tuck (2/27) and all of a sudden I feel like my thighs are huge. But it's because my big ol' flabby belly was covering it before and now it's not. I'm sure I'll adjust in time, though. And no one else sees the "huge" thighs; they comment on my skinny chicken legs, saying how jealous they are. LOL

I think it's only natural to want to erase all signs of a lifetime of obesity and look like everyone else we considered "normal" when we were bigger, but at some point you (the collective "you") need to accept yourself as you are. For me personally, I don't want to go down the road of feeling like I need other work. It's just going to cost a ton of money I could be using for other things, and I'll never have perfection.  I just keep in mind that a lifetime of obesity is always going to be something I carry with me:  my insecurities, saggy skin in certain places, stretch marks that the tummy tuck didn't eliminate, etc. I just do the best I can with what I have. As long as I don't regain and I'm happy with me, that's what matters to me.

1 hour ago, CTGirl74 said:

I think you look great and I don't think anyone but you sees your perceived imperfections. True with all of us, yes?

I just had the tummy tuck (2/27) and all of a sudden I feel like my thighs are huge. But it's because my big ol' flabby belly was covering it before and now it's not. I'm sure I'll adjust in time, though. And no one else sees the "huge" thighs; they comment on my skinny chicken legs, saying how jealous they are. LOL

I think it's only natural to want to erase all signs of a lifetime of obesity and look like everyone else we considered "normal" when we were bigger, but at some point you (the collective "you") need to accept yourself as you are. For me personally, I don't want to go down the road of feeling like I need other work. It's just going to cost a ton of money I could be using for other things, and I'll never have perfection.  I just keep in mind that a lifetime of obesity is always going to be something I carry with me:  my insecurities, saggy skin in certain places, stretch marks that the tummy tuck didn't eliminate, etc. I just do the best I can with what I have. As long as I don't regain and I'm happy with me, that's what matters to me.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Everything you have said makes a lot of sense and gives me a lot to think about..... Thank you again and congratulations on your TT! 

CTGirl74 likes this

Graphic graphic graphic pictures!!

Well guys I forgot to update you on phase 2 of my surgery. If you're new, phase 1 was a breast lift with new implants, extended past the normal scare line under the breast but more skin removal beyond the normal line, extending to the armpit area on the side of rib you know, all that skin that pushes up and out of your bra? Side boob? Then a full brachioplasty (bat wings) and last an inter thigh lift. Phase 2 was a posterior body lift (butt lift also tightening the hips and some Lipo sculpting on the lower buttocks to give more shape. 

If you have followed this thread you would know my first surgery was September 30th with a few complications, was not sent home with an antibiotic(not something my surgeon does if not necessary) so about day 6 I developed a bacterial infection in multiple areas on my incisions back of one arm, one inter thigh close to the knee area (he did not go down as far as we thought needed,  my incision ends about 6 inches above the knee) and under my right breast which was the worse being about 5 inches long. As soon as he called in my antibiotic I started healing almost immediately it did not affect my scar lines whatsoever all the areas closed up perfectly and left a thin line as though I never had an infection to start with.

Now, April 14th(last Friday was phase 2 which I also forgot to add he had to revise the right side breast underneath you could not see a wide scare from breaking of the incision opening from the bacterial infection but more so it was droopy and lost some of the Lift and tightness from the fact that the incision was pulled on when incision broke open. He also redid (on his own dime, the side boob bra hangover because I was not so pleased with the results I was left with. It almost made the bra hangover worse after surgery #1 so! Scare revisions were slightly tight but not really painful at all where I thought I might die! Was the posterior body lift, not so much the incision site itself which is basically a belt line from my hips all the way to the back to the other side of the hip or even the mass bruising from the " saddle bags" Lipo or butt Lipo, the Lipo is done not because I needed it or have cellulite but to breakup the soft tissue so they have more to pull up tight to get the absolute tightest results.... The pain came from having to lay flat on my back without much movement for 48hrs so my back bones vertebres felt like they were touching each other! It was horrible throbbing, inflammation pain! Its now been 4 full days and yes I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's that first few days where you don't see light at the end of the table, will I be like this forever? Will I have this back pain for the rest of my life? What did I do!? 

I added a pic of my drain to show why I was bleeding out of the incision site on the left, the reason that happened was my drain got a clot and so the blood therefore has to go somewhere so it started coming out of the incision and I did not notice until I realized the drain looked thicker and less blood inside so that's why I sent the picture of the drain for you to understand it's not normal to have that much blood coming out of the incision site itself. It will NOT cause extra scaring or complications it does happen and mostly to massive weight loss patients who have stretched their skin more than just normal aging. 

Last phone is a before pic of why I chose to get a back body lift. I used to have a nice tush and that was important to ME to get that back. all my nice denim and skirts I have a very flat bottom. It's not for everyone, I just want to share for those who it might be important to them! 

26588.jpeg

26587.jpeg

26589.jpeg

26591.jpeg

10684.jpeg

Stephtay likes this