Trex1030

I need some buddies to get through this

4 posts in this topic

Hello.  I'm Torryn. I just had my surgery this last week I'm going into day 4 and I'm having a tough time.  I just feel so left out and didn't realize how much foods cheered me up.  This liquid and solid liquids isn't really cutting it for my love of the crunchy stuff. I'm exhausted too 

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated and maybe some new friends who feel my pain.  

The first week or so after surgery can be a bit rough. Hang in there as it gets a lot better, especially as  you lose lots more weight. Once your little stomach gets better you will be able to eat lots of crunchy foods. 

You will have to come to view excessive and unhealthy food as the poison that made you unhealthy and overweight. Instead of food being a source of pleasure or comfort, from now on food is fuel. You should get comfort from looking great as a thinner and more active person. Remember - nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

cinwa, Hulaw2007, athenarose and 1 other like this

Welcome to Thinner Times Torryn.

I'm sorry you're not feeling too good but it's early days and what you're going through is pretty normal.

Things will get better but it's a one-day-at-a-time process.  Hang in there...hugs. 

The first few weeks post-op canned difficult. I had VSG Aug 3, 2016 and it was almost 6 weeks before I was feeling better. The liquid portion will end soon and you'll be able to slowly make some additions, just follow your plan. 

Things will improve and you will soon appreciate not eating those crunchy bites when you see the weight drop. Right now you need to concentrate on your water intake and getting your protein in. Believe me, it gets easier and you will find ways to substitute the foods you miss.