Andi4869

Got surgery date

5 posts in this topic

I am so excited I finally got my surgery date.  It will be on November 2. I can't wait to start this journey in my life the only problem is that my husband is not on board at all he has begged me not to do it.  I love him very much but I am doing this for me I'm not being selfish at all I'm doing this to get healthy. I have been in the 300es for like the last 8 years I have lost 40 pounds on my own but it's not enough. I keep telling him the benefits of the surgery and he keeps telling me the bad stuff.  Bottom line is I am having the sleeve surgery with or without his blessing. Is there anyone else that has gone through this. And if so how was the outcome. How do I get him to see the good not just the bad. Thanks so much 

I am sorry that your spouse is not more supportive. My wife was wonderfully supportive. It is normal for a spouse to worry about the potential risks of the surgery, but the fact is that the health risks of not losing the weight are much greater. 

Hi Andi, I had the sleeve July 9th with no problems. It was so much easier than even having a tubal ligation years ago even though I have more incision sites (all healed now) 

The Sleeve has been shown not only to be effective in taking the weight off but has low risks of complications so Perhaps bringing your husband with you to meet and speak about the benefits and risks with the surgeon will help put his mind at ease. 

Congratulations on your decision and taking that first step toward a healthier, happier you!

Edited by Nutin2it

How are you doing?  I agree, bring your hubby with you to meet the surgeon so he can ask questions.  He's probably afraid of the unknown. 

My hubby has been behind me since I told him.,.

Andi - I agree with asking your DH to go with you to a support group and/or surgeons visit.  Maybe be would be up to spending a little time browsing our forum - the before-and-after pictures in our Gallery is definitely worth checking out.

And we always welcome spouses to participate on the forum.