katlvr09

New to Thinner Times and Gastric Bypass

Hello, 

My name is katie. I am a mom of two beautiful babies. I received the gastric bypass August 17,2016. I am on the stage 2 bariatric diet. I weighed 305lbs when I started my journey. I am currently 267lbs. I am what seems to be at a stand still because I am struggling getting my protein in. I have tried different shakes and things, but i hate the flavor. I am pretty much living on cottage cheese and Tomatoes. I need help from you all who have been in my shoes. I need to know things you all ate and how you all lost your weight. My biggest fear right now is stretching my pouch! 

Please Help me!

Welcome to Thinner Times Katie!

Stalls are pretty normal - just keep doing what you're doing and try to stay off the scales.  You're down 38lb which is excellent @ just over a month out.

Try drinking milk (8g protein per cup) and yogurt - particularly Greek yogurt which tends to be higher in protein.  

And take a look at our Recipes Forum and an excellent current thread Food of the Day (pictured) for some great ideas.

I hate the taste of protein shakes, but I love the yummy chocolate flavor of Carnation Light Start no sugar added (blue box) which you mix with skim milk and which you can buy in most supermarkets. Nestle makes it and so the chocolate flavor is very real, and it is a good protein souce. 

Otherwise, try flavored nonfat Greek yoghurt, and Jello instant no sugar pudding (the kind that you make yourself with skim milk, not the pre-made stuff).

Be sure to take your vitamins and drink lots and lots of liquids. 

Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt.

place in freezer for about an hour. Remove and put in bowl and top it with a little reddi whip. Yum

Can you do eggs?  Chili?  

Eggface.com has lots of bariatric friendly recipes..

I'm about 9 weeks post-op and struggled for the first 6 weeks. Nothing I ate stayed down and there was concern I may have a restriction. But now I'm much better and can tolerate foods much better.  I was just on the slower end of the spectrum, as we each are different.

Try to get as much protein from foods. Add unflavored protein powder (this still has a little taste) to scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, soups to help get in your protein. I use plain Greek yogurt in my morning smoothie and even add a scope to this.  

If you haven't tried protein powdered broths, I find the Unjury chicken broth doesn't leave an after taste. However, make sure the water you use isntover140 degrees or it lumps. 

The World According to Eggface is a great resource for recipes. She is on Facebook and Pinterest and has been a great resource for me. 

Best of luck as you find what works for you. Keep your water intake up and you will see improvement I'm sure. You may be like me and take s bit longer.