babykinz53

For those that do not feel hunger.

16 posts in this topic

I am not sure if this is a temporary thing or not but I dont feel hunger so I am eating exactly like they wrote it in the book. Their exact amount and time, Which is a few ounces of soup/cottage cheese/jello/pudding, or a protein shake every 2 hours. Which is working fine.

Next week I start on pureed foods...

My question is, if you are not hungry how to you eat to a point where you are no longer hungry , not full?   Do you always measure and weigh your foods?

I never feel hunger at 3.5 years. I eat because I feel terrible if I don't. It's a blessing and a curse. You should be able to feel how much you can eat, I still do even this far out. I ate too much for breakfast this morning and it came back up. I knew it was too much and I ate it too fast, some habits are very very hard to break.

I'm only 8 months out, but don't feel hunger.  I weigh and measure everything.  But tmcgee is so right - you do feel it if you eat too much or too fast.  

LeeC likes this

First off eat on a schedule whether you are hungry or not.   Second early out weigh it!  

Im good at eyeballing portions.  I'll double check every now and then but I'm usually spot on.  I use a 4 oz container for my Greek yogurt that I take to work with my apple for lunch.  

If you start to feel full, STOP!  You no longer belong to the clean plate club!  I listen to my stomach and if it says enough!  I stop!  My brain may tell me it's only 2 more bites but I'm not going there!  I don't like the I'm gonna die feeling!  I remember last summer rolling in the grass regretting the last 2 bites!  Not going there again!  

ikantspel, LeeC and thornbury150 like this

I actually like the exact measurement thing. Its a whole new thing for me, even old diets allowed like unlimited veggies and stuff.

I think its funny, measuring out 4 Tablespoons of soup and putting in a tiny bowl and calling that a meal, it truly tickles me.   

I haven't felt anything that might be a "full" feeling yet but I have so much pressure and pain in there I am not sure what is what.

One other question...will I get the FULL feeling if I drink too much water? I am a big water drinker and sometimes I feel I might be too relaxed and drink too much at one time, but I dont feel any new pain or discomfort from it. Will my tummy yell at me if I do?

When I drank too much water; it wouldn't go down and came back out..  I'm only able to drink 8 oz.. I used to gulp.  I had a glass that held a quart and could easily guzzle that..

the couple times I drank too much it wasn't painful just wouldn't go down..I try not to let myself get so thirsty that I want to gulp.  This far out it doesn't take long to make more room but I have to wait about 5 minutes before attempting more..

Cheesehead, how long does it take to drink 8oz of water?

Weigh/measure everything.  For sure for the first 6 months.  I kind of got away from it being a hard and fast rule, but I do it from time to time to make sure my eyes are still keeping my portion sizes honest.

You probably won't overeat too many times.  I did it a few times and it's not the most fun experience ever.

I think my first sensations were pressure, IIRC.  It's hard to explain, it was just this fullness/tightness in my chest and I knew I was done.  It wasn't painful, just a clear signal.

Once you heal up and start learning about your new stomach, you'll probably learn you have a full signal.  And it will probably seem weird and random.  My nose runs, for example.  I have a friend who gets hiccups (this happens to me sometimes a few minutes later too).  

I only have pain with water if I gulp too much at once.  That's a sharp pain in the chest for a second until it all moves down.  Set a timer for your first couple months - 15 min, drink 1-2 oz.  Do that all day long, trust me.  Doing that, you should be able to knock down 8oz an hour or so.  

Edited by BeachGirl

I rarely feel hunger. Sometimes I feel full.I feel full when I eat too much or too fast. I also get hiccups and that is when I eat one bite too many. If I go to two or three, I feel awful. I lived and learned. 

I never have hunger pangs (head hunger is a different story) and I measure everything I eat, eating no more than I take and often eating less than I take.  That said, just because you don't get hungry doesn't mean you won't feel full, that feeling will return.

ikantspel and thornbury150 like this

I also measure everything and rarely finish it. Sometimes I feel hungry again in an hour, but that's head hunger because I'm bored when my husband goes to work. 

I also sneeze. Sometimes, I'm not even half done with my portion so I know I was eating too fast or too big of bites. I can wait a bit and then eat more. Other times, I really am satisfied so I stop eating and am a bit bummed because something tastes good or I was really looking forward to it. I have developed a new "face" for that according to my people. The slightly sad, yet can't take another bite face.

My other full signal is a fullness in my chest, almost like I can't take a deep breath. Then I've gone too far.

I'm now just over 3 months out. I didn't feel full until I head the pureeds stage and then BAM!! My body now lets me know by hiccups. When I feel a hiccup coming I know i'm done eating. If i don't stop I start feeling sick and my hiccups begin to hurt. It's strange but I guess not unheard off. I called my nutritionist all the time in the beginning because I thought I was getting too much in, but you're consuming liquids and semi liquids which don't sit as heavy and move quicker than other foods. 

thornbury150 likes this

On September 11, 2016 at 10:46 PM, babykinz53 said:

Cheesehead, how long does it take to drink 8oz of water?

I can drink 8 oz now.  Early out it was 2 oz.. By 6 mo I was up to 4 oz..

I have never felt hunger as I once knew it.

I still weigh/measure my dense foods and when it's gone, it's gone - no going back for more.

I have gotten a dull pain in my chest or hiccups which let me know that I ate too much...

On 9/22/2016 at 6:22 PM, kayls814 said:

I'm now just over 3 months out. I didn't feel full until I head the pureeds stage and then BAM!! My body now lets me know by hiccups. When I feel a hiccup coming I know i'm done eating. If i don't stop I start feeling sick and my hiccups begin to hurt. It's strange but I guess not unheard off. I called my nutritionist all the time in the beginning because I thought I was getting too much in, but you're consuming liquids and semi liquids which don't sit as heavy and move quicker than other foods. 

I hiccup as well...but usually I feel full, and feel what would be a burp and then the hiccups start.