Raeme

Pilates-Barre

3 posts in this topic

My exercise has consisted of lots of singles and doubles tennis, some weight lifting, lots of walking, yoga, some running that's really more like jogging lol, and an occasional step class at the gym. This week I tried a class called Pilates-Barre which is a combination of Pilates and ballet moves. Honestly I took the first class because of a scheduling conflict.  I'm glad I did!  I love these classes!! Honestly after watching part of a class a few months ago I thought it would be pretty easy. WRONG!! The long slow controlled moves and the small quick moves are really tough!!  The moves are very controlled and can easily be personalized to your level.  It's different from yoga class because it's not as fluid and not as relaxing as yoga is to me. I've been twice and boy can I feel the difference! I guess my takeaway is give something new a try once in a while. It may be just what you need to jump start your workouts! 

Edited by Raeme
Res Ipsa, LeeC and KMFL28 like this

On 9/7/2016 at 7:07 AM, Raeme said:

My exercise has consisted of lots of singles and doubles tennis, some weight lifting, lots of walking, yoga, some running that's really more like jogging lol, and an occasional step class at the gym. This week I tried a class called Pilates-Barre which is a combination of Pilates and ballet moves. Honestly I took the first class because of a scheduling conflict.  I'm glad I did!  I love these classes!! Honestly after watching part of a class a few months ago I thought it would be pretty easy. WRONG!! The long slow controlled moves and the small quick moves are really tough!!  The moves are very controlled and can easily be personalized to your level.  It's different from yoga class because it's not as fluid and not as relaxing as yoga is to me. I've been twice and boy can I feel the difference! I guess my takeaway is give something new a try once in a while. It may be just what you need to jump start your workouts! 

I take a Pilates-Barre class every couple of weeks. It is so hard! I do Pilates 2 - 3 times a week along with lots of other stuff. But the barre portion of this class is the toughest thing I do. I love/hate it but I keep going because I know its so good for me. Proud of you Raeme - you are such an inspiration!

Raeme and Res Ipsa like this

11 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I take a Pilates-Barre class every couple of weeks. It is so hard! I do Pilates 2 - 3 times a week along with lots of other stuff. But the barre portion of this class is the toughest thing I do. I love/hate it but I keep going because I know its so good for me. Proud of you Raeme - you are such an inspiration!

Thanks Steph!! This means a lot to me since you inspire me too!!!

Stephtay likes this