Abibliophobe

Sample protein drinks

10 posts in this topic

I've read that after getting surgery your taste buds change.  I know protein is important so I was wondering where I could find sample protein drinks.  I just want to get an estimate on how much it will cost.  

Best place I know of for protein samples is Nashua Nutrition

ThinCVT, tmcgee and Triadchick27 like this

Syntrax Nectar Protein Variety Pack https://www.smartbodynutrition.com/syntrax-nectar-protein-variety-pack.html

15 packs for $20.00

Our Nectar protein sample pack contains one single-serving of all 15 delicious flavors!  Fuzzy Navel and Chocolate Truffle are great AND 23 grams of protein (whey protein isolate):

• Apple Ecstasy
  • Cappuccino
  • Caribbean Cooler
  • Chocolate Truffle
  • Crystal Sky
  • Double Stuffed Cookie
  • Fuzzy Navel
  • Lemon Tea
  • Pink Grapefruit
  • Roadside Lemonade
  • Strawberry Kiwi
  • Strawberry Mousse
  • Twisted Cherry
  • Vanilla Bean Torte
  • Wild Grape

ThinCVT likes this

I also highly recommend Nashua Nutrition as well. They are only an hour away from me, so shipments come overnight. They will package anything and everything they carry in single servings so you don't have to buy that 12 pound tub only to discover you hate it!

LeeC and ThinCVT like this

Ditto to all of the above.  I got dozens of samples from Syntrax, Unjury, Nashua nutrition and my local whole foods store.  I made a chart to keep track of what I liked.  Two thumbs up = Very yummy and definitely gonna buy.  One thumb up = tasted decent but maybe not the best or didn't mix well.  One thumb down = didn't really like it but could drink it in a pinch. Two thumbs down = YUCK! You couldn't pay me to drink that sh*t!

bellamoma, Res Ipsa and tmcgee like this

Just to chime in, if you don't want to get a large pack of samples from the same brand, you can also go to your local vitamin shoppe- they sell single serving size packs of many popular brands.  I did not heed the advice of others to not stock up on anything pre-op because your taste may change.  That was dumb. If you have someone that can run out to the store for you, or drive you to the store your first week pre op, you can pick a few sample packs of what may look good to you that week. Even if you sample a pack and love it? Don't stock up. You may get totally sick of it after a week and need to switch up brands again.  Good luck!!!

tmcgee likes this

10 hours ago, bellamoma said:

Just to chime in, if you don't want to get a large pack of samples from the same brand, you can also go to your local vitamin shoppe- they sell single serving size packs of many popular brands.  I did not heed the advice of others to not stock up on anything pre-op because your taste may change.  That was dumb. If you have someone that can run out to the store for you, or drive you to the store your first week pre op, you can pick a few sample packs of what may look good to you that week. Even if you sample a pack and love it? Don't stock up. You may get totally sick of it after a week and need to switch up brands again.  Good luck!!!

I gave away cases and cases of shakes that I just couldn't stand after WLS.

Do all the ones suggested have minimal Sugar?  I'm assuming they do but I want to be sure before investing since that's one of the things my practice told me to look out for.  

Sorry if it's a stupid question.  

8 hours ago, Abibliophobe said:

Do all the ones suggested have minimal Sugar?  I'm assuming they do but I want to be sure before investing since that's one of the things my practice told me to look out for.  

Sorry if it's a stupid question.  

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

You've got to become a label reader Abibliophobe.  Not all protein powders/shakes are low in sugars/fat/carbs. 

My choice is (and has always been) Syntrax Nectar.  It has zero carbs, fat or sugar.   

TJohnson likes this

the gnc store I go to usually has samples of the drinks in the store you can try.

have also gotten samples of protein powder, enough to make 3 to 5 shakes.