Txvsg

Worst eating habit

38 posts in this topic

Portion control and my membership in the "Clean Plate Club"

Clickin and MrsBrewher like this

On 9/8/2016 at 10:48 PM, ✿ Paula ✿ said:

Multiple visits to our break room with a table of treats.

There's mine. And once I got started, I'd eat everything there then run around like a junkie looking for my next fix. I'd literally scope out the vending machines on different floors and in different buildings, and if there were zingers or cupcakes, I'd go back over and over until they were gone then clean out my preferred items from the other machines, and I'd know when they were refilled so I could go back for more.

How many times did you find yourselves finishing off the rest of whatever it is you were eating (like the last half of the roast chicken) and not paying any attention to it at all, but thinking instead about what you were going to eat next- Mindless eating for sure  Happy Monday

susan25, Cheesehead and MarktheNerd like this

I still like chocolate covered espresso beans, but a pound now lasts me a year!

susan25 likes this

Growing up, I had to join the. "clean plate club."

My mother would warn me that there are starving people in Hungary and China. The night I told my mother to send my food to the starving children in Hungary and China. My father heard that and went ballistic. So every night that I didn't finish my plate my father sat there and stared at me or read a newspaper. We did not have a dog, so I lacked that source of helping me get rid of that unwanted yuck tasting food .  Whenever my parents were not looking I would drop the little frozen peas and carrots onto the floor. Then after dinner, I volunteered to sweep the floor and then my parents would praise me for my hard work?

On 9/13/2016 at 5:45 PM, Spunkycat said:

Growing up, I had to join the. "clean plate club."

My mother would warn me that there are starving people in Hungary and China. The night I told my mother to send my food to the starving children in Hungary and China. My father heard that and went ballistic. So every night that I didn't finish my plate my father sat there and stared at me or read a newspaper. We did not have a dog, so I lacked that source of helping me get rid of that unwanted yuck tasting food .  Whenever my parents were not looking I would drop the little frozen peas and carrots onto the floor. Then after dinner, I volunteered to sweep the floor and then my parents would praise me for my hard work?

This reminds me of my sister. My mom always served canned green beans. I liked them, but my sister hated them, and she'd sneak them into her napkin on her lap and throw them away! I didn't know this until we were adults!

We weren't allowed to leave the table until plates were cleaned- I sat in front of a big nasty glass of skim milk every night. Blech. I hate skim milk. The funny thing is that the whole family had to do skim because I couldn't digest other milk as a kid. It's all my fault!

Edited by cherylm321
sp
Spunkycat likes this

Wow.  What an amazing list of bad eating habits.  This reminds me of another post:

On 9/13/2016 at 11:30 AM, tmcgee said:

I still like chocolate covered espresso beans, but a pound now lasts me a year!

I got some from organic dark chocolate espresso covered espresso beans from nuts.com which I adore BUT, they have dark chocolate covered soybeans which are amazing!

I bought them as a gift for a friend but after trying a couple, I had to resort to plan B and buy her some perfume!  :lol:

WendyH and KMFL28 like this

23 minutes ago, cinwa said:

I got some from organic dark chocolate espresso covered espresso beans from nuts.com which I adore BUT, they have dark chocolate covered soybeans which are amazing!

I bought them as a gift for a friend but after trying a couple, I had to resort to plan B and buy her some perfume!  :lol:

You stole her soybeans?!  This is hilarious! :D

I had so many bad habits.  Volume.  Just crap food - the more fried, smothered in cheese and bacon, carb-y the better.  Oh lordy, carbs.  Never never never enough carbs.  And snacking, like constantly.

Clickin likes this

1 minute ago, BeachGirl said:

You stole her soybeans?!  This is hilarious! :D

I hadn't actually given them to her so technically, I didn't steal them - I just thought I'd do a bit of quality control first!  And that happened earlier this year LOL! 

BeachGirl likes this

10 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Wow.  What an amazing list of bad eating habits.  This reminds me of another post:

That was fun to go back and read through. The only bad thing is that my song of the day is "my balony has a first name..." LOL

I never had to clean my plate as a kid but as the youngest of 7 kids I barely was able to get enough before everyone started eating the food off my plate. So i had to eat fast and continued that all my life.  Which led to overeating as a result of not feeling full until I ate two times what I should have.

Which is one of the hardest things i am dealing with now.  Slowing down my eating and drinking, who knew it would be so difficult?

Putting condiments on everything!! Like ranch dressing with pizza crust. Or too much dressing on salads. 

The constant food at work was bad too. There was always some kind of baked good almost everyday and I would just graze! This is the same for any family event. You would think we were italian. We make enough food to last 15 people a week worth of food. 

Once my husband and I started eating better months before my surgery we would have "Fat Fridays" and that became the only day I would allow myself the use of condiments! Other than balsamic dressing on days I had salads. I now can't handle the flavor of any processed condiment. I do use siracha or hot sauce now, and that's about it.