peggri

in desperate need of 16-18clothes and 1tops PlEASE

5 posts in this topic

Hi I am running out of clothes fast and am already wearing too baggy of clothes in desperate need of size 16-18&x l tops and especially shirts that the sleeves go to elbow as my arms have to much loose skin PLEASE I'm in Paso Robles can THANK U

try thrift stores. Some churches have them. There are organizations like Goodwill and Salvation Army. I recently snagged a pair of Tommy Hilfiger dress pants for $5. 

It takes patience to go through the racks but well worth it. Call ahead and ask if they have a 50% day. Last year I bought a  Jones of New York 100% long wool coat for $10 on a 50% off day. I would be willing to have payed $20 but $10 was amazing. The coat is a classic style with a belt that is always in style.

if there are none of these types of thrift stores close to you, call around and maybe you and a friend can have a girls day shopping at the further away stores.

best....

Shipping costs more than hitting the discount or thrift stores.  I go to Ross, Marshalls, Goodwill etc.  I have also traded clothes with gals in my support group.  Good luck!

I'm so sorry I got rid of mine, I would have sent them to you! I personally cannot stand thrift shopping.  Not because I think i'm better than a thrift shop- not at all.  Just something makes my brain hurt at thrift shops.  I even have a hard time in retail stores- I shop much better online. 

SO i wanted to say i have found some excellent deals at old navy and gap- I just got a new dress at the gap for 3 dollars.  Old navy has lots of tops in their clearance section for a dollar or three.  The clearance rack at Ross, Marshall's, etc, can also have great steals. I didn't shop online for those, they were in the store. I hope you can snag some amazing bargains to hold you over. Good luck! 

Head to Marshalls & TJ Maxx. I've found several good prices in clothes there. I'm not a Goodwill shopper, but these I'm good with. 

I also am in 16 bottoms and 14 tops. I hit the sales at JC Penny's, Kohls, and Bergstroms last weekend and restocked my wardrobe with new, quality items for very little. I'm from WI and am preparing for cooler weather. I found some tops and long duster-length cardigans at Target for a very reasonable price. 

We have an exchange in our post-surgical support group. You may want to see if there is anything available through there.