KMFL28

Help finding a goal

This spring/summer I used Hal Higdon's 5K walking plan to complete a race. Since then, I haven't really worked out much.

I'm over the gym, the drive, the people, packing a bag...I would like a new goal. I'd like to try videos at home to work my way up to classes at the Y. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Although I don't have any specific exercise goal suggestions for you, remember that you want to find a long term way to exercise your body that makes you feel happy - as this is the best way to ensure that you stick with it on your weight loss journey. Also remember that the need to exercise does not stop after you complete a gym work out - many of us find that much of our daily exercise is done by leading an active life style (which is so much easier after you lose weight), such as be taking the stairs rather than the escalator, taking long walks with friends and family, doing chores around the house, and generally keeping your body moving when ever possible. 

My daughter does beach body and insanity videos at home.

On 8/23/2016 at 5:25 PM, KMFL28 said:

This spring/summer I used Hal Higdon's 5K walking plan to complete a race. Since then, I haven't really worked out much.

I'm over the gym, the drive, the people, packing a bag...I would like a new goal. I'd like to try videos at home to work my way up to classes at the Y. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I took classes at my gym when I weighed 300. If you are interested in a class. Just go for it! For whatever exercises you can't yet do based on your size, the instructor can modify for you. Or, that's a great time to towel off and get a drink of water.

Good Luck!

My wife and I enjoy doing those "7 minute workout" apps on our phones. It's all body-weight stuff and, obviously, fast to do. If you're in decent shape you can do multiple rounds in a row.