Little bird

Julyers updates

95 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Kimchan said:

Please don't feel jealous about others' bmi's. This journey has a lot of twists and turns. We all grow through highs and lows...and stubborn stalls.

Good for you on being near that 249 milestone! Those personal victories are so encouraging. Keep up the good work and don't give in. 

I hope the emotional decisions you need to make work out well for you. Stay strong and encouraged: you're on the right track.:)

I really try not to compare! But God, I wish I'd done it before I gained all the way back up to my high weight, y'know? In general, though, I do okay at keeping my eyes on my own paper and putting one foot in front of the other.

Thanks for all your kind wishes! I'm doing my very best on a lot of fronts right now, and as much as I often try to do that without leaning on anyone or anything, the encouragement is really helpful. This process is so multifaceted and challenges such bone-deep life and identity stuff in ways that, foolishly, I sort of thought wouldn't happen to me. Shows what I know! :lol:

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

2 hours ago, nimiety said:

I really try not to compare! But God, I wish I'd done it before I gained all the way back up to my high weight, y'know? In general, though, I do okay at keeping my eyes on my own paper and putting one foot in front of the other.

Thanks for all your kind wishes! I'm doing my very best on a lot of fronts right now, and as much as I often try to do that without leaning on anyone or anything, the encouragement is really helpful. This process is so multifaceted and challenges such bone-deep life and identity stuff in ways that, foolishly, I sort of thought wouldn't happen to me. Shows what I know! :lol:

I hear you! I totally relate.-_-

nimiety likes this

So I thought I'd check in and post my update.

I am still the slowest loser of the July 2016 group I guess, but I'm feeling great and am much more active.

I am down 41 lbs since July 11th. I lost 17 the first month, then 8,5,5 and 2. I've lost 4 so far in December. I have NEVER lost weight in December before. Ever. Yay!

I won't lie, I did indulge this month. But it is now the day after Christmas and that's it. My husband is taking all the junk to work with him, none of it will be staying here. And I didn't go crazy like past years. Instead of gorging on sweets, I mostly stayed with the protein treats like cheese and sausage or the denser sweets that I couldn't eat much of, like cheesecake. So I enjoyed myself but I was mindful of the choices. I am picky now since I have less room. No wasting room on junk I really didn't like to begin with.

My doctor said he expects me to lose 80-90 lbs post surgery and it seems at 5.5 months I'm on pace to do that. He used a 40 bougie on me which means I can eat more than some, and I lose at a slower pace. But I feel in the long run it was a safer option with less complication risk for me. Yes, I wish I would lose as fast as the rest of you have but I still would do this surgery in a heartbeat, given the results I have so far.

6 minutes ago, Murk said:

I am still the slowest loser of the July 2016 group I guess, but I'm feeling great and am much more active.

I am down 41 lbs since July 11th. I lost 17 the first month, then 8,5,5 and 2. I've lost 4 so far in December. I have NEVER lost weight in December before. Ever. Yay!

I won't lie, I did indulge this month. But it is now the day after Christmas and that's it. My husband is taking all the junk to work with him, none of it will be staying here. And I didn't go crazy like past years. Instead of gorging on sweets, I mostly stayed with the protein treats like cheese and sausage or the denser sweets that I couldn't eat much of, like cheesecake. So I enjoyed myself but I was mindful of the choices. I am picky now since I have less room. No wasting room on junk I really didn't like to begin with.

My doctor said he expects me to lose 80-90 lbs post surgery and it seems at 5.5 months I'm on pace to do that. He used a 40 bougie on me which means I can eat more than some, and I lose at a slower pace. But I feel in the long run it was a safer option with less complication risk for me. Yes, I wish I would lose as fast as the rest of you have but I still would do this surgery in a heartbeat, given the results I have so far.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get to where you want to be!

ShrinkingViolet2, Murk and Res Ipsa like this

@Murk You're doing great! This is a one-person race towards health. Kudos.

Murk likes this

On 12/26/2016 at 5:25 PM, Murk said:

I also indulged last week, and feel pleased to be past that moment. Now it's time to buckle back down and get back to work! But I'm so glad when you check in—and I'm so glad you're feeling great. I really want to recognize the persistence you're putting in. We're cheering for you every step of the way!

ShrinkingViolet2 and Murk like this

I'm soooo close to being down 100 lbs since the start of my 6 month mandatory Dr supervised diet.  Sitting at 97 lbs down.. only 3 more to go!!

I had my 6 month check-up, and all the surgeon could say was WOW.  He said I was WAY WAY ahead of the bell curve.  He warned me that my weight loss will probably slow way down since I'm getting so close to my goal.  My NUT said that she didn't want to ever see me fall below 185 lbs.  She said she would prefer that I stuck around the 190-200 range.

When this all started, my first goal was to hit 220, then to see the scale read 199.9 one time.  I think it may be time to adjust that goal and see the scale dip below 190 at some point.  I guess I'll know what feels/looks good when I get to that point.  But for now, 213 is feeling great!!

Murk and ShrinkingViolet2 like this

30 minutes ago, kzoojason76 said:

I'm soooo close to being down 100 lbs since the start of my 6 month mandatory Dr supervised diet.  Sitting at 97 lbs down.. only 3 more to go!!

I had my 6 month check-up, and all the surgeon could say was WOW.  He said I was WAY WAY ahead of the bell curve.  He warned me that my weight loss will probably slow way down since I'm getting so close to my goal.  My NUT said that she didn't want to ever see me fall below 185 lbs.  She said she would prefer that I stuck around the 190-200 range.

When this all started, my first goal was to hit 220, then to see the scale read 199.9 one time.  I think it may be time to adjust that goal and see the scale dip below 190 at some point.  I guess I'll know what feels/looks good when I get to that point.  But for now, 213 is feeling great!!

Wow!  Great job!!  :)

ShrinkingViolet2 likes this

Wow the both of you are doing so awesome looks like you feel better too…? Keep up the good work I'll be on my way soon April 17 is where I start transforming into the Woman I no is in there :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. Happy Anniversary month to all of us. Today is my one year  surgiversary. I also had my one year follow up today. Here are my stats.

Hw 284.0

Sw 264.0

Cw 191.6

Gw 180.0

73lbs since surgery and 93lbs total.

I'm not at my goal yet, but reached my Drs goal. I'm so happy where I'm at but I'm not finished yet. I've been up and down and made some bad food choices but I'm back at it. I know when I need to get back to basics and that's where I'm at now. Back to basics. Here my before and after pic. Exactly one year apart. This was taken at the hospital before surgery and the other pic today. I'm so happy, and healthy. Best decision ever. Can't wait to see all your before and after. Go Julyers 

Collage 2017-07-11 13_48_17.jpg

Edited by EileenFrias
Murk likes this

Wow. Impressed. Thank you for checking in. Impressed. :)

Wow Eileen! You look fantastic!!

I need to take some after pics to post as well.

I didn't fare as well as you. My restriction at this point is not what I'd hoped it would be. I don't know if the 40 bougie is the problem or if there was some failure with the procedure. Is being able to eat 6-8 ounces of chicken or beef comfortably normal at this point? Maybe perimenopause is the culprit? Well, it is what it is.

Here's my stats:

HW: 301

SW: 286

CW: 231

GW: Hell, I'd be happy to hit 220 at this point but the loss has stopped since around April/May.

So I'm down 70 from my heaviest and 55 from surgery. It was a lot of money to pay out of pocket for 55 pounds but my knees feel so much better and there's so much more I can do now that I couldn't before. Still, when comparing my results to others, I can't help but feel like a failure. The restriction is not what I had hoped for, even when eating protein. My sister is like 6 years out from a RNY and she still can only eat 1/3 of what I can and weighs 1/2 of what I do, although she's much shorter than I.

I'll just keep following the plan best I can, maybe a little more weight will come off. I hope the others who haven't reported in yet are doing great! Hope to hear about your results!

Res Ipsa and EileenFrias like this

On 7/12/2017 at 9:56 PM, Murk said:

Wow Eileen! You look fantastic!!

I need to take some after pics to post as well.

I didn't fare as well as you. My restriction at this point is not what I'd hoped it would be. I don't know if the 40 bougie is the problem or if there was some failure with the procedure. Is being able to eat 6-8 ounces of chicken or beef comfortably normal at this point? Maybe perimenopause is the culprit? Well, it is what it is.

Here's my stats:

HW: 301

SW: 286

CW: 231

GW: Hell, I'd be happy to hit 220 at this point but the loss has stopped since around April/May.

So I'm down 70 from my heaviest and 55 from surgery. It was a lot of money to pay out of pocket for 55 pounds but my knees feel so much better and there's so much more I can do now that I couldn't before. Still, when comparing my results to others, I can't help but feel like a failure. The restriction is not what I had hoped for, even when eating protein. My sister is like 6 years out from a RNY and she still can only eat 1/3 of what I can and weighs 1/2 of what I do, although she's much shorter than I.

I'll just keep following the plan best I can, maybe a little more weight will come off. I hope the others who haven't reported in yet are doing great! Hope to hear about your results!

Hi Murk. You need to take some before and after Pics. The scale can be evil at times. So seeing before and after pic helps. 70lbs, is good. We wouldn't have been able to lose that much if we didn't have surgery that's foresure. I struggle daily girl. I can eat trust me. But then I snap out of that binge eating and say I come to far to go back now. One day at time is all that we can do.  I'm so glad to hear from you. Keep up the awesome job girl. We got this. :D

Murk likes this

Oops.. i guess I'm a bit late!!   I hit the 1 year mark on 7/11

HW:  310+
SW:  280
CW:  205
Personal GW: 199.9
Weight my NUT never wants to see me get below : 185

compare.jpg

You guys are an inspiration! Keep posting!

That is amazing Jason!

24 minutes ago, kzoojason76 said:

Oops.. i guess I'm a bit late!!   I hit the 1 year mark on 7/11

HW:  310+
SW:  280
CW:  205
Personal GW: 199.9
Weight my NUT never wants to see me get below : 185

compare.jpg

Great job - I am impressed.  Of course, you would look even more slim in a Red Sox cap.  :D

(Glad you said that @Res Ipsa, I was thinking the same thing...)

Can you guys please buy Miguel Cabrera's contract from us!!  While you're at it, take Verlander as well!  I think it's time for the Tigers to rebuild.  Those hefty contracts are killing us!

Oh, come now! We're not rich like those Yankees guys... and just think about how "unfortunate" that Sandoval contract was...:wacko: