Stephshar

Anyone in or around Fresno county?

7 posts in this topic

Hi I would love to find someone that is pre op to talk with about the similar situations I'm going thru and maybe take this journey together! I just had my consultation yesterday and so I'm barely embarking on this journey. Anyone in California that is barely starting out? 

I live in nor cal and I have just had my psych evaluation last week so I'm still in the beginning stage of this process. 

Stephshar likes this

Hey girl!! Thanks for responding! I guess my Dr hasn't got the lab results back yet and I'm still waiting for my psych evaluation... How did it go for u? Did they let u know right then and there if you passed the evaluation ? I'm so excited to take the next steps and impatient lol...I am waiting to get a call and do my psych eval over the phone, that's how they do it at this place. Weird right?  

Hey, I have to just go in and do my blood work, but I have had the hardest time trying to get a hold of the nutritionist that is suppose to do my evaluation. The psych eval went well and the Dr. let me know that he was gonna approve me for surgery. You just gotta reassure them that you know its not a magic pill and that it will have to take work to get and keep the weight off. The Dr. asked me about my personal background and what I to deal with stress. What I am doing for work or if I am making any improvements in my life. I didnt know they did those over the phone, that is strange. Hope you get your call for your psych eval and it goes well for you :).

Stephshar likes this

The psych evaluation is the only thing I'm stressing. I'm still waiting for my next steps tho and it's so frustrating! Lol. I barely got my lab results back on Friday and being that it's labor day weekend I can't call and find out anything until Tuesday. I wonder how long its going to be until I'm ready to submit to insurance. Yikes! Anything new for you? 

Edited by Stephshar

Stephshar how is your process going so far? I have my appointment with my primary and nutrition class this month and then I submit my paperwork to my insurance. Then the waiting game starts. Hopefully its not that far for you to your better life. 

Stephshar likes this

Hi Kate!! Well, the week before last was such a busy one! I literally got all my pre op requirements done except for 1. I found out I have gerd at the manometry  test so hoping I'm still eligible for the sleeve as I really do NOT want bypass. Just have my reasons lol. Anyway, my PCP has already sent out my referral for the EGD test but they STILL haven't called to make the appointment which is leaving me so frustrated because it's the last thing I need to do before submitting to insurance. Wow, so we are kinda running the race together!! Seems like your almost ready to submit too!! That's so awesome! Doesn't insurance only have so long to give you an answer? I hope so I hate waiting for everything lol!! At least we are almost there tho...