katiethelovemalfoy

I regret this.

I haven't been on here in quite some time. I'm here to announce that I'm almost to my goal weight, that's after I've dipped under it and became malnourished. After my surgery I've always felt something was wrong, after two years of suffering June 23rd I almost lost my life due to a perforated ulcer my new surgeon said it was most likely due to my bypass not being right and my lovely PCP messing up even more. I've spent from the end of May this year til just yesterday in the hospital. After an emergency surgery on my ulcer, fighting pneumonia, severe pancreatitis, and an emergency surgery to take out my gallbladder.... I can say I regret getting surgery at all. I got this surgery because I was promised if I did as I was told I would live a healthy normal life!! I was deceived I'm sicker than I ever was because of it. I just turned 24 last month and I've lost everything, including the weight. So yeah I get compliments on being so skinny, but I can't work out, my diet is even stricter because of all the damage, I lost my job due to being sick all the time... Just wish I would've lost the weight on my own. Here's a warning to everyone that this isn't a magic spell, it can be a helpful tool, but I guess it's not for everyone. Be careful what surgeon you choose and if you feel something is wrong don't let anyone push you aside. 

image.jpeg

No, the surgery is not at all magic, it's one hell of a  lot of work, for the rest of your life.

I hope you can come to grips with where you are. I know there aren't many who regret it, but do know that RNY is reversible if you want to go there.

Good advice to advocate for yourself if you feel something isn't right. I hope that you're now on the road to recovery and can enjoy an active life. 

Edited by Dunndeal

My sister had an RNY 5 years ago and she suffered complication after complication. Hospitalized twice for dehydration and she had 5, yes FIVE strictures. Most recently she's now discovered she has 3 ulcers. I asked her before I had my procedure done if she would do it all over again. She said there have been times where she absolutely hated what was happening to her but yet when she thinks about what her life would have been like without the surgery it probably would have been far worse. 

I really hope and pray that this is just the bottom of the roller coaster for you and that things will go up from here and stay there. It must have been so awful for you. I am glad you have answers now. NOW you can begin to move forward. At age 24 you have so many options ahead of you. Stay strong and please come back often and let us know how you are doing! We are all here for you.

I hope since they have hopefully figured out the problem that they can help you.

I am very sorry that your journey since surgery has been so rough.  Although your types of problems after surgery are quite rare, they do occur to some people.  For you the road to heath is neither pleasant nor rapid.  Take care of yourself, see the best doctors that you can, and know that we are here to support you.

Best of luck for a happier, healthier future.  Hang in there, you got this now <3

Feel better soon and do not give up. You have so many things to do in life.   Come back to TT often.  We are here for you! 

I'm so, so sorry that this happened to you. What a horrible thing. And I completely understand the regret in the light of this. I hope you come through this strong and healthy and happy.

You're right, there is no magic bullett.  I'm sorry to you are going through this.  I pray things improve.

I'm so sorry that you have had all these problems.  Prayers and positive thoughts sent your way. Hugs.

Paraphrasing what others have said, I'm sorry for all your difficulties. WLS is supposed to make our lives better. When there are complications we feel like it's so unfair. I understand you're tired and feeling down. I hope things will get better soon and all your problems will be a distant memory. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Bless your Heart,

I am 3 years out from a Gastric Bypass , I lost down to 164 and also became malnourished , I still am and have gained back to 189 I am 6ft 2 in tall but I have had about 3 Surgery's for other things during my journey , I am 62 years old, Tired a lot I think Protein is a big help but I did great the first year and my weight loss just didn't stop , it went on for over and past 18 months and my journey to good health is still on, I need to rebuild muscle and get exercise , that has been a problem because of the back and neck problems and surgery I have had . I am just doing all I can and hope for the best, you are young and can get past this, Praying for you.

Checking in to see if Katie has posted an update.

5 hours ago, cinwa said:

Checking in to see if Katie has posted an update.

As Corrine said, are you okay? This place is all about positive support!

Hi Katie,

I hope your health and emotional wellbeing are improved since your original post. I don't know that I can add anything different from what has already been stated by the other members, so I just want you to know that you are being thought of and prayers are coming your way. Be well and blessed.

(((hugs)))

Cheryl