Kblock108

Almost 5 months post op update

Hello everyone, I have not done an update since probably the week after my surgery and wanted to give an update. I started out my journey at 266 and as of today I weight 184. Although 190 was my initial goal, I am now shooting for 175. Although I recently started lifting weights, not sure where I will end up...but overall I am happy. There are still nights that I think about the changes I made to my body by having RNY and it keeps me up...I don't like what I did for a second, But I like who I have become. Eating has become easy, although many times I still prefer a protein shake over solids. I still on occasion, feel sick and have thrown up maybe 3 times after eating some undesireable foods. My energy level has sky rocketed and my sleep apnea has gone away. I find myself waking up at 6 am without an alarm clock, so I just roll with it now...and that's my workout time. I take my vitamins religiously, and I have recently got a Perscription for 1 ml a week of b12 injections. I got it filled at cvs and inject myself once a week, I feel great! 

One thing I did not anticipate, are those that do not know what I did (I only told two people, my wife and my dad) asking or commenting that my diet is not healthy. Mind u I take in about 120-150 grams of protein, lift weights 4 days a week and do cardio 5-6. I even have the occasional sweets or my favorite, fudge icicle or 50/50 bars. My biggest weakness I had to give up because of dumping and that is ice cream...man I used to be able to put down a whole container in a night. Some people have mentioned my diet is extreme, others ask if I have cancer...but I know what is happening to my body is a result of what I had done...

i hope everyone else on this journey is having a blessed time and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away! Take care

Thank you for posting this update. I also had to give up ice cream and I don't miss it all now. :)

Your doing a great job, congrats on your weight loss. Don't worry about what other peeps think, they will eventually adjust to seeing the new you. You know when the weatherman Al Roker on The Today Show had the gastric bypass at first I actually thought he looked better overweight lol. Now I think he looks great! Sometimes it just takes awhile to get use to the new look.