Sign in to follow this  
lisambarbosa

Working out and Calories

Hello. I'm 3 months post op and I've stopped working out bc I would get dizzy and not feel good. My calorie intake in maybe 700/day if that, but i do drink water and stay hydrated. My questions is, if I'm working out and the goal is to burn calories, how do i do so without getting sick or feeling like I'm going to pass out? I've used the fitnesspal app and when I log in my calorie intake and add my workout, it adds more calories and I'm like yeah..my baby stomach wont intake anymore! I'm scared to work out again but then I'm even more scared if I don't, I'll gain the weight I've lost back... Anyone been through this or can help me in any way please?

weight.png

Edited by lisambarbosa

First, don't add back calories. You should eat the right amount for you. As for dizzy/lightheaded when working out, pace yourself, and if it's bad enough that you are risking injury, don't work out for now. Things will improve with time.

Thank you so much! That helps me put a lot with the calorie intake. :)

If you time your protein shakes to about 30-45 minutes before your work out that should help as well.  

On 7/30/2016 at 6:01 PM, Obsydian said:

If you time your protein shakes to about 30-45 minutes before your work out that should help as well.  

This is my advice too.  

700 might be a little low if you're working out pretty hard, but I'd for sure keep it under 900-1000 or so even with workouts.  700 with a moderate workout should be okay.  Try timing the protein before your workout and see if that doesn't help.