GRANDMA

PERMITTED PROTEIN DRINKS

HI ALL.....

I HAVE BEEN TRYING ALL SORTS OF PROTEIN DRINKS....HAVING A HORRIBLE TIME FINDING ONE.

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT SLIM FAST JUST CAME OUT WITH A 20G, HIGH PROTEIN DRINK.

IS ANYONE USING THIS DRINK PRE OR POST SURGERY?

IT IS ACTUALLY THE ONLY ONE I'VE TRIED THAT I LIKE.

THANKS

GRANDMA

I haven't tried it, but the nutritional information looks good (2gm sugar is reasonable). Whey protein isolate would be preferable to caseinate, but I'm not aware of any RTD shakes with that as the protein source (just the Isopure RTD, which isn't really a shake). Looks like a good choice to me.

Right about the time you find one, you'll have surgery and probably won't be able to stand it anymore.  Tis the struggle!  

I ordered lots of samples from Nashua Nutrition.  It was good to be able to try stuff out and also it gave me a variety.  Syntrax is one of my favorite brands overall.  I like their mint cookie powder.  I also like their juice flavored stuff too - it's a nice break from thick shakes, especially right after surgery.  I also like Bariatric Advantage cappuccino powder blended with some decaf or half caff coffee, milk, and ice.  My main go-to though is the premier RTD shakes, I get them at Costco.  I like chocolate the best.  Vanilla is very sweet but okay.  Strawberry I didn't care for.  They have new ones out too, in 4-packs at Walmart - bananas and cream and caramel.  I tried a banana this morning.  If you like the fake-y banana flavor in banana pudding, it's good.  I wouldn't love them on a regular basis I don't think, but I would buy them again.  The caramel I haven't tried yet, but my plan is to blend that with coffee and ice like a frapp.

Thx so much. I just order a bunch of samples. I hope I like some of them. Where do you get Syntrax? 

Thx

7 minutes ago, GRANDMA said:

Thx so much. I just order a bunch of samples. I hope I like some of them. Where do you get Syntrax? 

Thx

You can get a Syntrax Nectar (my choice of protein) sample pack from My Bariatric Pantry

I order tubs from Vitacost.com but I see that All Star Health has them a little cheaper at the moment.

Allstarhealth is my mail order company of choice. Lowest price on Syntrax Matrix and free shipping on your entire order when you buy two 5# bags of the same flavor (great perk if you have a flavor you know you will go through 10# of). Free shipping also on three 2# tubs of Syntrax Nectars (likely must all be the same flavor; I didn't look).

P.S. You do need to try things yourself. Most people mention that strawberry is their least favorite flavor. It's my daughter's favorite by a wide margin, and she doesn't care much for vanilla. To each her own.

Edited by WendyH

Thx so much for the info.

Ack. My post script was specific to Premier RTD, but after talking about Syntrax, I failed to mention I was building on BeachGirl's post.

Oh, and at allstarhealth even if your order doesn't qualify for free shipping, their shipping costs are reasonable ($5.95 flat rate).

NO PROBLEM. THX!