XOmichelleLA24

Breast Lift After Surgery

Hello all, so before anyone jumps down my throat...  Yes I am PreOp. But me as the control freak that I am, I look far into the future and consider A L L aspects BEFORE going through with anything. I have my surgery in about 6wks. I know I'm on the heavier side being 336lbs, so I'm sure I will have quite a bit of excess skin, although, I've seen MANY people years down the road post op, where their skin actually does shrink back up quite a bit and it's not all that noticeable. Now,  I'm not being nieve into think that I will have the same outcome, I know every body and genetics are different. But I'm confident that my age, work out regime, and healthy new habits will only help in speeding up the little bit of tightening that it physically can tighten without surgical intervention. But my MAIN concern, my boob's. I'm so very worried that my breasts will fall flat and flappy and just look like a mess. I'm already larger on one side that the other,  and though my boob's look pretty dang good due to my younger age, I refuse to let them turn out awful. I do have a husband who really loves them and wouldn't want to see them change either. So I'm thinking that I'll pass on the skin lifts and tummy tucks and all that,  but go for the breast lift for sure. I'm just wondering if someone has experience in this department or felt the same way I do. Also,  if you did get just plastic surgery on your breasts and nowhere else,  do you regret it? I'm only asking because I'd like to start saving for it now so that 1yr or so post op, I'll be ready for the surgery IF NEEDED.

I had had a lift/reduction before my WLS, I got implants after.....and all the other plastic surgery possible.  My body was a hot mess LOL

28 minutes ago, Samma said:

I had had a lift/reduction before my WLS, I got implants after.....and all the other plastic surgery possible.  My body was a hot mess LOL

You mentioned somewhere else that you had some complications. May I ask what they were? 

I'm only a few weeks post-surgery but also looking into the future. I'm thinking no matter how small my boobs get, though, that I'm just going to go with a lift... Just thinking out loud here...

I had complications with every surgery. My bypass left me with an open wound for 8 months requiring multiple surgeries to fix. My lift an reduction developed a seroma and had an open wound for 4 months after ripping open. My right implant took 3 tries to keep in, the first two times I developed infections. First time we removed it and let the pocket drain and close on its own and the 2nd tme ended up needing IV antibiotics via a picc line to keep the implant. I developed localized infection from my thigh, lower back and flank lifts that had to be opened and drianed. 

Holy Moses! You've been through a lot, but I understand you said you don't regret anything. You're one tough cookie!;)

My boobs look like 2 socks with a little sand in the toes and stretched. I was a 42 c And now a trainer bra a is too big.I wear tight sports bras.My mammogram nurse thought I had been sick. Haha My face fell literally.I have aged so bad.especially around my mouth and eyes.The skin just headed to the floor like my boobs I have considered implants but too expensive for me.I have a rare disease and live on disability.Botox may help but you can,t do it just once You are young so besides the boobs you should be ok your skin will probably snap back.they leave the aging and the hair loss out.Makes you think

Edited by Dorothykirton

On 7/21/2016 at 8:22 AM, XOmichelleLA24 said:

Hello all, so before anyone jumps down my throat...  Yes I am PreOp. But me as the control freak that I am, I look far into the future and consider A L L aspects BEFORE going through with anything. I have my surgery in about 6wks. I know I'm on the heavier side being 336lbs, so I'm sure I will have quite a bit of excess skin, although, I've seen MANY people years down the road post op, where their skin actually does shrink back up quite a bit and it's not all that noticeable. Now,  I'm not being nieve into think that I will have the same outcome, I know every body and genetics are different. But I'm confident that my age, work out regime, and healthy new habits will only help in speeding up the little bit of tightening that it physically can tighten without surgical intervention. But my MAIN concern, my boob's. I'm so very worried that my breasts will fall flat and flappy and just look like a mess. I'm already larger on one side that the other,  and though my boob's look pretty dang good due to my younger age, I refuse to let them turn out awful. I do have a husband who really loves them and wouldn't want to see them change either. So I'm thinking that I'll pass on the skin lifts and tummy tucks and all that,  but go for the breast lift for sure. I'm just wondering if someone has experience in this department or felt the same way I do. Also,  if you did get just plastic surgery on your breasts and nowhere else,  do you regret it? I'm only asking because I'd like to start saving for it now so that 1yr or so post op, I'll be ready for the surgery IF NEEDED.

I had a lift with small implants. Pre-op I was a 42 or 44  DD or DDD depending on the bra. Post-op and before plastics I was a 36 DD but much of that was just skin. Now, after plastics I'm a 36 DD. For many of us, our large boobs pre-op are fat. As you lose weight and they will lose weight too. Youth is one your side for sure and they may look just great once you get to goal. You won't know until you get there. 

I had a tummy tuck at the same time. Next to my WLS, having plastics was the best thing I've ever done for myself. If you want plastics and can afford it, go for it. I don't have a single regret about any of it. 

Although I definitely have loose skin, it's not near as bad as I thought it would be, and I've noticed over time that it has continued to reduce even after I reached my goal weight. For me, it seems like the skin reduced more slowly than my weight so I'm going to have to wait a while before I know for sure how much excess skin I'll end up with long term.

Your excess skin will be determined by several factors including age, how much overweight you were, how long you were overweight, and most of all genetics. It's fair to assume you'll have some excess skin but how much is hard to determine at this point. My suggestion would be to take it one step at a time and try not to worry about something that hasn't happened yet.